Old Dell Laptop monitor

Old October 23rd 03, 03:21 AM
The Walkers

Default Old Dell Laptop monitor

Have an old Dell Laptop that just got dropped. Now the monitor looks
like some kind of modern art. Is it possible to just replace the
monitor? If so, where would I look to get a cheap one and how hard is
it to do? I work on PCs, but haven't ever touched a lap.
Old October 23rd 03, 01:40 PM
Smith

eBay. I replaced an LCD for a Gateway Solo off of eBay. Gateway wanted
like $400 for it new, I got it for $80 shipped. As for putting it in
yourself, I to had only worked on PCs and that was my first laptop surgery.
Was pretty simple. Just get the disasimble instructions from Dell (or
tinker with it and figure it out yourself by ripping it apart like I did,
hehe). Anyway, get the bezel off, unhook the LCD, hook the new on in, put
the bezel back on.

Smith

Old October 27th 03, 10:34 PM
rrodgers

After you find a replacement on Ebay or somewhere else, just go to dell.com
and then to support and downloads and they have almost all the manuals there
and it is really very easy to do on the Dell's. Just be careful with the
small paper ribbion cables, they break easy.