Biggest hard disk for : Deskpro EN P733 ?

Old April 19th 04, 04:40 PM
Harry Sufehmi

Default Biggest hard disk for : Deskpro EN P733 ?

Hi,

A workstation need to have the biggest storage capacity available to
it. The workstation is a Compaq Deskpro EN P733. The reason for the
need is to store huge logfiles.

I wonder if the latest hard drives will work with it, say ,those 300
GB ones ?

I've tried looking for this information on Compaq's website, but it
only lists 20 GB as the biggest hard disk for that particular model.

If you know the biggest hard disk capacity for this model, please let
me know as well.

Many thanks,
Harry

Old April 20th 04, 12:59 AM
Tom Scales

Unless you add a PCI IDE card capable of 48-bit LBA

Remember the 300GB drives are only 5400 rpm. The 250GB are 7200 rpm.

Old April 20th 04, 10:08 AM
Harry Sufehmi

"Tom Scales" wrote in message ...
Unless you add a PCI IDE card capable of 48-bit LBA
Remember the 300GB drives are only 5400 rpm. The 250GB are 7200 rpm.

That's not a problem actually, since mostly it'll only store those
huge logfiles. It won't do anything disk-intensive (well, rarely)

"HH" wrote in message
I doubt any PIII has 48-bit LBA support so you probably are limited to
127GB.
HH

Thanks HH !

In that case, I think I'll order 2 of them.

Thanks again,
Harry

"Harry Sufehmi" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

A workstation need to have the biggest storage capacity available to
it. The workstation is a Compaq Deskpro EN P733. The reason for the
need is to store huge logfiles.

I wonder if the latest hard drives will work with it, say ,those 300
GB ones ?

I've tried looking for this information on Compaq's website, but it
only lists 20 GB as the biggest hard disk for that particular model.

If you know the biggest hard disk capacity for this model, please let
me know as well.

Many thanks,
Harry

how to test psu and reset to cmos to default Tanya General 23 February 7th 05 10:56 AM
K8N - Wont shut down windows,hangs with hard disk LED on. Dan B Asus Motherboards 0 January 29th 05 10:42 AM
Usb Hard disk caddy JF General 4 January 3rd 05 06:41 PM
Problem with IDE hard disk on ASUS motherboard P2B-DS [email protected] Asus Motherboards 1 August 28th 04 01:18 AM
Protable USB hard disk ma General 3 August 1st 04 02:28 AM