Packard Bell 1550 Restore/Recovery Help Needed!!

Old June 7th 04, 08:37 PM
pack1550help

Default Packard Bell 1550 Restore/Recovery Help Needed!!

I have a Packard Bell 1550 and recently used the Restore/Recovery diskette
& Packard Bell Master CD to restore the computer to the condition it came
from the factory.

Well everything was fine until it reached 100%...then it proceeded a
continous use of error messages finally ending on a message to remove the
floppy disk and CD and reboot.

I did this and when the computer restarted it came on with an error
message that it was unable to find CD Drive. It then went to the C:
prompt and I am stuck there.

I have no idea what I am supposed to type to make it proceed or what is
going on. I cannot find it anywhere in the booklet or online. If someone
reading this can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much!!!

Signed desperate!

Old June 8th 04, 05:31 AM
metronid

Did you format the HD first
or was that an option

lkaboutcomputing.com...

Old June 10th 04, 02:16 AM
pack1550help

No that was not an option.

I just simply shut the computer down, installed the diskette and CD while
off and turned back on and went from there as described previously.

Old June 10th 04, 02:18 AM
pack1550help

No that was not an option.

Old June 10th 04, 02:19 AM
pack1550help

No that was not an option.

Old June 10th 04, 05:22 PM
metronid

If it asked you to remove the floppy
which has the cd driver on it
and it rebooted to C prompt
Not windows
Yes it will not have the cd drivers there
It will only see the CD if Windows had fully loaded

The messages that you received
I am not aware of since they werenot
explained

I do know the following
Windows did not load properly since it
went to a C prompt
I am assuming this is Windows 95 or greater
as there is another answer if Windows 311

Why would it do this
Various reasons
Just a bad load happens
You did not have enough room to begin with on
C drive because there is a past istallation that
was not removed or overwriiten properly
You have compressed the drive which I doubt

In order to start off fresh
It would help to know
the Windows version of the CD
The size of the HD would be nice if it is
over 2.1 gigs and using windows 95
The restore floppy # would help also

I think in order to do a good install
you need to boo t with the restore
no Cd or just boot to a C prompt
and change to A drive with the floppy
then inserted
and type format C:
at that point
It should format the HD and just copy command.com
which is = to a blank formatted drive
Some people like to copy the system files
I do not think that does any thing in your case

Then you can reboot with the restore floppy and the
master CD and things should go normally
Usually does this way

If you have Windows 95 and your HD is over
2.1 gigs aprox
Then you must partition your drive accordingly
with the C as 2.1 and each sub partition 2.1
or less depending on the total size

This probably wil not be a problem as many
restore floppies will do a format and partition
check and do this for you

let me know what you have

Old June 15th 04, 06:57 PM
pack1550help

To answer your questions:

The Windows version is Windows 95

Hard Drive: 2008.6 MB

Restore Floppy # it says BPCS# 142580

Let me know if you need anything else.

Old June 17th 04, 03:00 PM
techie

Hi,
Could you possibly confirm if the PC is a clup, platinum pulsar etc, the
reason for this is that the restore process is slightly different for each
model and contonues to be so with every new model that they make, for
instance the new ones only take 15 mins all in to fully restore to factory
settings, if you could furnish this info, then i could possibly help u.

scotty

Old July 10th 04, 02:48 AM
pack1550help

You'll have to let me know how to locate that information and I'll be glad
to give it to you. Thanks!