Fax Printer question

Old March 31st 14, 04:51 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

Default Fax Printer question

I am thinking about getting a new printer and see that most are
printer/scanners/fax.

My question; if I have generated a document in a word processor, do I
first have to print the document, then scan the printed document to fax it.

Or can I access fax directly with out creating a hard copy.

If the direct FAX access is available; Is the direct fax access
generally available or would I have to search for a printer/scanners/fax
that allowed me to print to the Fax modem
Old March 31st 14, 11:52 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Keith Nuttle"

I am thinking about getting a new printer and see that most are
printer/scanners/fax.

My question; if I have generated a document in a word processor, do I
first have to print the document, then scan the printed document to fax
it.

Or can I access fax directly with out creating a hard copy.

If the direct FAX access is available; Is the direct fax access generally
available or would I have to search for a printer/scanners/fax that
allowed me to print to the Fax modem

No. You just print to the FAX device. It will then bring up a dialogue
allowing you to encapsulate what you are printing with a Fax Cover Sheet and
to address the recipient (name, fax numbewr, etc.).

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old April 1st 14, 12:13 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
GSalisbury[_4_]

"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message ...

I am thinking about getting a new printer and see that most are
printer/scanners/fax.

My question; if I have generated a document in a word processor, do I
first have to print the document, then scan the printed document to fax it.

Or can I access fax directly with out creating a hard copy.

If the direct FAX access is available; Is the direct fax access
generally available or would I have to search for a printer/scanners/fax
that allowed me to print to the Fax modem
=================
"do I have to first print?"
No.
Installing the AIO _should_ install a "fax" printer.
A "fax" printer, then, would be available to all
processes/applications/programs ... that offer the Printers list.
You'd prepare your document then simply Print and chose the "fax" printer.
All of this presupposes that you have a telephone land-line plugged into the
machine.
There are internet fax mechanisms available but that's another subject.
Of course, if your document has to be signed, for example, and you don't
have any kind of a legitimate "signature" image to include, then you've have
to print then to sign it and then scan that in for "faxing". Your scanning
software would probably offer the option to scan to the "printer" but you'd
probably be better off scanning to a file so it could be accessed in the
future.
Geo. S.

Old April 1st 14, 12:31 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

From: "Keith Nuttle"

I am thinking about getting a new printer and see that most are
printer/scanners/fax.

My question; if I have generated a document in a word processor, do I
first have to print the document, then scan the printed document to
fax it.

Or can I access fax directly with out creating a hard copy.

If the direct FAX access is available; Is the direct fax access
generally available or would I have to search for a
printer/scanners/fax that allowed me to print to the Fax modem

No. You just print to the FAX device. It will then bring up a dialogue
allowing you to encapsulate what you are printing with a Fax Cover Sheet
and to address the recipient (name, fax numbewr, etc.).

Thank you Dave and Geo. S.

As I understand your response, if I would buy a Printer/Scanner/Fax,
when I install the printer software for the unit, a Print and a FAX icon
would be create on my computer. Once I created the document, I would go
to the normal "print". select the FAX icon and the document would go
directly to the FAX modem of the p/s/f.

In the same p/s/f can I hold a received FAX in the p/s/f memory and
retrieve the electronic document and bring it directly to the Computer?
Old April 1st 14, 12:59 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Keith Nuttle"

On 3/31/2014 6:52 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
From: "Keith Nuttle"

[...]

Receipt is dependent of the device and the software associated with it and
not leaving out if you have one phone line dedicated for fax or two lines.
One for voice and one for fax.

For the most part, if a fax is received by an all-in-one device it will
usually just print the received fax and not store or queue them. Of course
as the you move from SOHO all-in-one to business class devices that
capability becomes more common.

Old April 1st 14, 02:36 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

From: "Keith Nuttle"

On 3/31/2014 6:52 PM, David H. Lipman wrote:
From: "Keith Nuttle"

[...]

You have just increase my knowledge of printer/scanner/fax but several
hundred percent

Thanks to all who responded.

Printer Question Ron General 7 February 15th 13 01:08 AM
HP printer 4M question Jean[_4_] Printers 2 November 30th 09 09:29 PM
Printer Question Dave C.[_2_] Printers 3 September 6th 07 03:38 PM
Question about two computers and one printer Bill Poston Printers 4 July 30th 05 11:44 PM
Printer question! Alon Brodski General 3 May 10th 04 05:13 AM