How to find processor architecture in Intel EMT64 machine with Solaris 10 ?

Old March 24th 06, 05:19 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default How to find processor architecture in Intel EMT64 machine with Solaris 10 ?

Hi,

Can anyone please help me to find a command in Solaris 10 by which I
can get the processor architecture.
For example, If it is an AMD 64 bit opteron then the command

"isainfo -k"
will display "amd64"

What is the command to find out the architecture is Solaris 10 is
installed on Intel 64 bit ?
What is the output of "isainfo -v" , "isainfo -k" for Intel 64 bit
machine?

Thanks and Regards
Kiran Hiremath

Old March 25th 06, 09:08 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Hi,
I am sorry, I could'nt get the specific answer I was looking for.

Let me explain the situation:
I have 2 machines, one is Intel 64 bit and other is AMD 64 bit. Both
have Solaris 10 installed.
I want to write a single Unix Shell script, which performs different
actions in each of the machines.
So I need to have the checking done in my Shell script to find that
whether the script is being executed in an Intel 64 bit machine or an
AMD 64 bit machine.
I currently have AMD 64 bit machine but I don't have Intel 64 bit
machine. So I was wondering, if anyone could help me to find a single
command which would show me the difference corresponding to the
architecture.
So I thought of using the isainfo -k command. But as I don't have the
Intel machine, i don't know the output of the command in Intel 64 bit
machines.

Thanks
Kiran

Old March 26th 06, 11:42 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

My previous response to you is accurate -- therefore it still stands.
Take it or leave it. You're not going to find any differences between
AMD64 and EM64T -- they are different names for the same thing. The
only way you're going to get your shell script to do something
different between the AMD or Intel machine is to give them different
names, and check for their name in the script.

Yousuf Khan

Amd-Intel cathy General 1 June 27th 05 01:44 PM
Intel, AMD... Mirko General 11 November 22nd 04 07:17 AM
Intel Is Aiming at Living Rooms in Marketing Its Latest Chip Vince McGowan Dell Computers 0 June 18th 04 03:10 PM
Intel scientists find wall for Moore's Law Peter Perlsų Intel 19 December 11th 03 11:46 PM
GA-8KNXP, how to configure BIOS for SATA? John Ward Gigabyte Motherboards 20 October 6th 03 07:42 AM