Socket 479 (pentium "M") processor for gaming (FS2004)

Old March 19th 06, 10:15 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.intel

Default Socket 479 (pentium "M") processor for gaming (FS2004)

Hi,

My son uses an ASUS P4P800-SE with a Prescott 3.2. The CPU draws a lot
of current and gets quite hot, and it also makes the PSU's fan spin like
mad. With a Northwood 2.6, the whole system is much quieter, but heh,
someone else needs the Northwood.

I wonder if anyone here as experience with those socket 479 processors.
I read here and there, that they are great in terms of consumption AND
also in terms of computing power.

I can easily get my hands one one of those s479 adapters and a CPU, but
will it be worth it ? And what CPU would you recommend to get at least
the Prescott 3.2 performance for 3D applications and especially FS9 ?

Lorenzo
Old March 19th 06, 11:13 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.intel

Pentium M's are much better cpu's than P4's, however they are rather
expensive due to Intel not wanting them taking P4 sales.

Buy the 755 model, which is 2ghz and try and clock it to 2.4ghz...(easy)

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb
www.ajwebb.eclipse.co.uk

Old March 30th 06, 08:19 PM posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim,comp.sys.intel

Lorenzo Sandini wrote:
Hi,

My son uses an ASUS P4P800-SE with a Prescott 3.2. The CPU draws a lot
of current and gets quite hot, and it also makes the PSU's fan spin like
mad. With a Northwood 2.6, the whole system is much quieter, but heh,
someone else needs the Northwood.

I wonder if anyone here as experience with those socket 479 processors.
I read here and there, that they are great in terms of consumption AND
also in terms of computing power.

I can easily get my hands one one of those s479 adapters and a CPU, but
will it be worth it ? And what CPU would you recommend to get at least
the Prescott 3.2 performance for 3D applications and especially FS9 ?

Lorenzo

Have you actually tried an "M" in an adaptor? That would be very
interesting.

--
bill davidsen
http://newsgroups.news.prodigy.com