Some Lexmark Facts.

Old January 10th 14, 07:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Guv Bob[_4_]

Default Some Lexmark Facts.

"Frank Williams" wrote in message ...

https://www.eff.org/cases/lexmark-v-...l-case-archive

https://www.eff.org/cases/acra-v-lexmark

I would never buy another Lexmark. Had one years ago and it was so much trouble. Besides the inconsistent print quality, it would often screw up the fonts. My head hurts just thinking about how much time I wasted with it.

After that I only bought Canon's, one HP and one Brother. HP worked "OK." Don't remember the problem with Brother, but it was a pain best at times.

After I bout my first Canon, I would never buy anything else. They work first time out of the box. Very simple to service and use.

Canons are cheap and easy to refill. Case closed.

Old January 10th 14, 08:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Tony

"Guv Bob" wrote:
"Frank Williams" wrote in message

https://www.eff.org/cases/lexmark-v-...l-case-archive

https://www.eff.org/cases/acra-v-lexmark

I would never buy another Lexmark. Had one years ago and it was so much
trouble. Besides the inconsistent print quality, it would often screw up the
fonts. My head hurts just thinking about how much time I wasted with it.

After that I only bought Canon's, one HP and one Brother. HP worked "OK."
Don't remember the problem with Brother, but it was a pain best at times.

After I bout my first Canon, I would never buy anything else. They work first
time out of the box. Very simple to service and use.

Canons are cheap and easy to refill. Case closed.

Was this an ink printer or a laser? If it was an ink Lexmark then I agree, I
have seen so many Lexmark ink printers that gave trouble that I wish I had a
dollar for each one I saw.
I have never worked on a Lexmark laser that was difficult or overly expensive
to repair. I agree that Canon make good printers, I have a Canon inkjet that is
about 8 years old and it has never missed a beat. Canon are (or were) the
largest manufacturer of laser printer engines in the world, at one time they
made all of the engines that went into HP laser printers, the engine is about
95% of the printer (all of the mechanical parts and nearly all of the
electronics).
Tony

Old January 12th 14, 07:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
jeff g.

On 01/10/2014 11:42 AM, Guv Bob wrote:
"Frank Williams" wrote in message ...

https://www.eff.org/cases/lexmark-v-...l-case-archive

https://www.eff.org/cases/acra-v-lexmark

I would never buy another Lexmark. Had one years ago and it was so much trouble. Besides the inconsistent print quality, it would often screw up the fonts. My head hurts just thinking about how much time I wasted with it.

After that I only bought Canon's, one HP and one Brother. HP worked "OK." Don't remember the problem with Brother, but it was a pain best at times.

After I bout my first Canon, I would never buy anything else. They work first time out of the box. Very simple to service and use.

Funny, my experience has been 100% opposite of the above paragraph,
especially with my old Brothers laser. I would suggest buying Lexmark
stock to anyone who asks, in spite of their silly legal jousts on
consumables.
This isCanon and Brothers on my linux box , Lexmark MFMs on a library
network (bulletproof, IMO).

Canons are cheap and easy to refill. Case closed.

Old January 22nd 14, 06:55 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Guv Bob[_4_]

"Tony" lizandtony at orcon dot net dot nz wrote in message news
"Guv Bob" wrote:
"Frank Williams" wrote in message

https://www.eff.org/cases/lexmark-v-...l-case-archive

https://www.eff.org/cases/acra-v-lexmark

I would never buy another Lexmark. Had one years ago and it was so much
trouble. Besides the inconsistent print quality, it would often screw up the
fonts. My head hurts just thinking about how much time I wasted with it.

After that I only bought Canon's, one HP and one Brother. HP worked "OK."
Don't remember the problem with Brother, but it was a pain best at times.

After I bout my first Canon, I would never buy anything else. They work first
time out of the box. Very simple to service and use.

Canons are cheap and easy to refill. Case closed.

Was this an ink printer or a laser? If it was an ink Lexmark then I agree, I
have seen so many Lexmark ink printers that gave trouble that I wish I had a
dollar for each one I saw.

Lexmark X73. It's still over in the corner with a bullet hole in it. LOL!!

Old January 22nd 14, 06:58 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Guv Bob[_4_]

"Guv Bob" wrote in message m...
"Frank Williams" wrote in message ...

https://www.eff.org/cases/lexmark-v-...l-case-archive

https://www.eff.org/cases/acra-v-lexmark

I would never buy another Lexmark. Had one years ago and it was so much trouble. Besides the inconsistent print quality, it would often screw up the fonts. My head hurts just thinking about how much time I wasted with it.

After that I only bought Canon's, one HP and one Brother. HP worked "OK." Don't remember the problem with Brother, but it was a pain best at times.

After I bout my first Canon, I would never buy anything else. They work first time out of the box. Very simple to service and use.

Canons are cheap and easy to refill. Case closed.

==

Just bought a Canon MP490 thru Craigslist for $50. Took it home, plugged it in and first print was excellent. I had to get an older model to work with Win2000.