Compaq Evo D3D

Old March 29th 09, 08:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Arno[_4_]

Default Compaq Evo D3D

Hi,

I'm reïnstalling a Compaq Evo 3D3 computer. I just can't figure out which
network adapter is onboard installed. Edo 3D3 is not in the hardware list at
the HP site.My guess was that the Evo 300 is quite close (or the same??) as
this machine, at least it looks the same. But all Ethernet driver options
there I've tried... with no luck. Does anybody know which Ethernet adapter
is on board?

Arno

Old March 29th 09, 09:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
lisa swallowz[_2_]

"Arno" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I'm reïnstalling a Compaq Evo 3D3 computer. I just can't figure out which
network adapter is onboard installed. Edo 3D3 is not in the hardware list
at the HP site.My guess was that the Evo 300 is quite close (or the
same??) as this machine, at least it looks the same. But all Ethernet
driver options there I've tried... with no luck. Does anybody know which
Ethernet adapter is on board?

Arno

Go to
http://developer.novell.com/yes/90684.htm
D-Link® D-Link DGE-530T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Driver Type: LAN Driver File Name: skge.ko
File Date: 22-May-2007 File Size: 38732
Checksum: c420e83454d71e2881daae4b55fb584e

Old March 29th 09, 09:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Arno[_4_]

Thanks Lisa,

skge.ko ... doesn't ring any bells. At the D-link site I can't find anything
like it. But I did find a driver for w2k, dated 2003. When I installed it I
got a Code 10 error (device not present, not working properly, etc.), after
reboot in the Device Manager it became a code 31 (Windows can't load the
driver). So... I'm not there yet.....

Arno

"lisa swallowz" wrote in message
m...

Old March 29th 09, 11:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Arno wrote:
Hi,

I'm reïnstalling a Compaq Evo 3D3 computer. I just can't figure out which
network adapter is onboard installed. Edo 3D3 is not in the hardware list at
the HP site.My guess was that the Evo 300 is quite close (or the same??) as
this machine, at least it looks the same. But all Ethernet driver options
there I've tried... with no luck. Does anybody know which Ethernet adapter
is on board?

Arno

Does Belarc Advisor report the NIC type ?

How about Everest Home Edition (the last free one) ?

http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Paul