handicap computer aid....

Old March 25th 09, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default handicap computer aid....

My friend is a writer and just broke her wrist... the cast has unabled
her to type.

She is desperate...

Q. Is there any program that allows her to talk in the computer mic
and text to appear simoultanestly on the screen?

I am asuming she has XP.... (I will have that info soon)

Excuse my English, I am an Spaniard.

Thanks for your help!

Boticelli
Old March 25th 09, 07:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Botticeli

On Mar 25, 2:57*pm, "
wrote:
My friend is a writer and just broke her wrist... the cast has unabled
her to type.

She is desperate...

Q. Is there any program that allows her to talk in the computer mic
and text to appear simoultanestly on the screen?

I am asuming she has XP.... (I will have that info soon)

Excuse my English, I am an Spaniard.

Thanks for your help!

Boticelli

I think I am in the wrong group, because she just told me she has a
Mac...

sorry about this

Old March 25th 09, 08:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Botticeli wrote:
On Mar 25, 2:57 pm, "
wrote:
My friend is a writer and just broke her wrist... the cast has unabled
her to type.

She is desperate...

Q. Is there any program that allows her to talk in the computer mic
and text to appear simoultanestly on the screen?

I am asuming she has XP.... (I will have that info soon)

Excuse my English, I am an Spaniard.

Thanks for your help!

Boticelli

I think I am in the wrong group, because she just told me she has a
Mac...

sorry about this

An example.

http://www.nuance.com/naturallyspeak.../macintosh.asp

Paul
Old March 26th 09, 12:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009 12:03:29 -0700 (PDT), Botticeli
wrote:

On Mar 25, 2:57*pm, "
wrote:
My friend is a writer and just broke her wrist... the cast has unabled
her to type.

She is desperate...

Q. Is there any program that allows her to talk in the computer mic
and text to appear simoultanestly on the screen?

I am asuming she has XP.... (I will have that info soon)

Excuse my English, I am an Spaniard.

Thanks for your help!

Boticelli

I think I am in the wrong group, because she just told me she has a
Mac...

sorry about this

A Mac would still be computer hardware, you are in the wrong
group because you are asking about computer software.
Old March 26th 09, 01:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
CBFalconer

" wrote:

My friend is a writer and just broke her wrist... the cast has
unabled her to type. She is desperate...

Q. Is there any program that allows her to talk in the computer
mic and text to appear simoultanestly on the screen?

I think you are over-worrying. When I broke my wrist (and hand)
some years ago the fingers still stuck out of the cast, and I found
I could still type, just nowhere near as well as before. Try it.

[page]: http://cbfalconer.home.att.net
Try the download section.

Old March 26th 09, 04:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Allen[_2_]

CBFalconer wrote:
" wrote:
My friend is a writer and just broke her wrist... the cast has
unabled her to type. She is desperate...

Q. Is there any program that allows her to talk in the computer
mic and text to appear simoultanestly on the screen?

I think you are over-worrying. When I broke my wrist (and hand)
some years ago the fingers still stuck out of the cast, and I found
I could still type, just nowhere near as well as before. Try it.

Off topic, I suppose, but---
My grandmother owned (and ran) a small-town weekly newspaper in Miles,
Texas from the 1920s to the 1940s. One of my uncles was still living at
home and paid for his keep by working there. He decided to go to the big
city and make his fortune, so he went to Fort Worth, Texas and got a job
as a street car motorman. Somehow, after a week on the job he got his
right arm caught in the machinery and broke it--the arm, not the
machinery--and came home with his arm in a cast with one finger sticking
out. He ran the Linotype, using all the fingers on his left hand but
only the index finger on his right. This happened in 1927, and when he
died in 1980 he still typed with all the fingers on his left hand but
just the index on his right. This in spite of the difference in
keyboards--etaoin on the Lino, qwerty on the typewriter. Incidentally,
those old enough to remember when type was set on the Lino will probably
remember the occasional lines of type that the proof readers
overlooked--etaoin shrdlu, which operators used to cancel out lines with
errors, shrdlu being the middle line and they just dragged their finger
along the KB (no backspace on the Lino). Anyway, tell your friend that
there is indeed life after most injuries.
Allen