my argosy external hard disk drive is not recognised by win

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 17th 06, 01:35 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Default my argosy external hard disk drive is not recognised by win

Hello,

Yesterday, I installed my external 3.5" hard disk drive,

my model is HD36OU-P usb 2.0

yesterday it worked correctly, creating a new unit G: I stored 10 Gb,
then I formated my computer,

and now the hard disk is not recognised, I created 2 partitions C y D,
and as the hard disk was not switched on it showed other space, of 150
Gb, the gigas my external hard disk drive has, and it sayd,
"space no partitioned", I didnīt touch this space, and I
left as it was,

so when I click in my computer I have just the two partitions C and D,
the letter for my external disk doesnīt show

maybe could be that I have formated my other two units in nfts and not
in fat32? or that I havenīt got the device driver for USB host
controller installed.......in the prospect it says I have to have it
installed, but I donīt know how to find out this.....

this is a screenshoot of the disk management:

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...ordediscos.jpg

is the disk 1, it says path not assigned,

in properties it says that works correctly and in type of partition
says mbr "master register"

I need to recover my data in the disk, Iīve switched off the hard disk
a couple of times, maybe I delete all the data if I do this?

besides in the manual says that there is no need to install drivers in
windows xp, but I have installed anyway , and in the program files
folder, I donīt see other file when I install it but one named
generic, that just contains icons, and yes, in add or remove
programs I have usb 2.0 card reader

the brand is argosy, and the model is HD350U-P, 3,5" usb 2.0, y
mi SO es windows xp pro

could you give me some help about what can I do?

thank you in advance, and greetins......