Overclocking XP1700+ "B"

Old June 23rd 03, 09:48 PM
Mattrix

Default Overclocking XP1700+ "B"

Replaced my XP1600+ Palamino with an (unlocked) XP1700+ "B" T`bred because
of the $42 cost, and also I wanted to try my hand at overclocking, and the
"Pally" required just too much altering for a newbie such as myself!

I have an old Soltek 75 KAV (KT-133A) with 256 PC133 SDRAM (CAS2)
I have "flashed" the latest BIOS (Q11) for this board which DOES take AMD XP
processors UP to : XP 2600+ (266Mhz).

I now have this "old" board humming at 141.84 FSB X 12.5 multiplier or 1773
MHz. !
Thats an XP2100+ on boot now!!
I would like MORE (curious more than greedy), but I`m maxed out at the FSB.
If I go any higher I get a Windows Registry error (Which W98 S.E. offers to
correct btw).

On the board there is a 14X multiplier available (multi`s are all dip switch
settings), but when I tried 14X , it came back as 5X !! Huh?

My present dip switch setting is *12.5/13X (with a note in the manual)
"Setting of multiplier 12.5x or above will depend on the type of CPU on
board."

Questions: What must I do to reach higher mutltiple(s) than 12.5?
(Like say the 14X that`s available to this board.)

If I alter/cut the CPU bridges, I might not be able to use this CPU on a
different board?

Thanks for any insight into this newbies overclocking attempts.

Matt

Old June 24th 03, 01:45 AM
Fig

Id **** off 98se and get yaself a copy of W2k pro