Keyboard splitter

Old August 11th 03, 09:08 PM
Spinal

Default Keyboard splitter

are there any splitters or switches that will let you use 1 PS/2 keyboard on
2 PCs. I have a Belkin USB switch that lets me switvh the mouse between the
2 PCs but is there such a thing just for PS/2 only.

Old August 11th 03, 09:22 PM
Colin Wilson

are there any splitters or switches that will let you use 1 PS/2 keyboard on
2 PCs. I have a Belkin USB switch that lets me switvh the mouse between the
2 PCs but is there such a thing just for PS/2 only.

You can get USB keyboards... it might depend on how the motherboard copes
with swapping out PS2 connections - with some, removing a mouse and
replugging will stop it working until the machine is rebooted, but some
will resume where they left off.

or you are likely to be spam filtered :-}
Old August 11th 03, 10:49 PM
Bob Eager

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:11:53 UTC, "Spinal" wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:08:58 UTC, "Spinal" wrote:

are there any splitters or switches that will let you use 1 PS/2

keyboard on
2 PCs. I have a Belkin USB switch that lets me switvh the mouse between

the
2 PCs but is there such a thing just for PS/2 only.

Yes...Belkin do them, for a start!

whats the one belkin do, i cant find any ps/2 only switches on their site.

Sorry, thought you meant a KVM...plenty of those.

--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk
PC Server 325*4; PS/2s 9585, 8595, 9595*2, 8580*3,
P70, PC/AT..

Old August 11th 03, 10:50 PM
Paul Hopwood

"Spinal" wrote:

are there any splitters or switches that will let you use 1 PS/2 keyboard on
2 PCs. I have a Belkin USB switch that lets me switvh the mouse between the
2 PCs but is there such a thing just for PS/2 only.

If by "PS/2 Only" you mean a switch that has only a single PS/2 then I
don't know of a product which does what you want, but there are
numerous KVM switches which have PS/2 ports for mouse and keyboard.

None of the ones I've encountered require all the ports to be used so
there's no reason you can't use one of these for your keyboard and
leave the other two ports (mouse + video) unused.

Do a search on most vendors for "KVM" and you'll get a number of
suitable products starting at about £30 upwards.

--
iv Paul iv

[ Mail: ]
[ WWW: