OT - Can Not Connect to iToons

Old September 29th 08, 03:18 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche

Default OT - Can Not Connect to iToons

I'm posting this for one of my brothers. He has a desk top pc in his
bedroom that has iToons on it. His desk top is connected to a wireless
router in the living room. When he opens up iToons, he can not connect to
the iToons store. I ran a diagnostic test and it says it does know the
computer is connected to the internet. It says tho that there is no secure
connection. What do I have to do to fix this problem? I tried a few things
and still it would not connect to the iToons store. His wireless router is
an ATT&T
box. I finally know what all those 2wire wireless signals I pick up on my
iTouch are - AT&T boxes. My brothers signal is not even wpa - it's wep.

Thanks!

Old September 29th 08, 03:34 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche

"Von Fourche" wrote in message
m...

I'm posting this for one of my brothers. He has a desk top pc in his
bedroom that has iToons on it. His desk top is connected to a wireless
router in the living room. When he opens up iToons, he can not connect to
the iToons store. I ran a diagnostic test and it says it does know the
computer is connected to the internet. It says tho that there is no
secure
connection. What do I have to do to fix this problem? I tried a few
things
and still it would not connect to the iToons store. His wireless router
is an ATT&T
box. I finally know what all those 2wire wireless signals I pick up on my
iTouch are - AT&T boxes. My brothers signal is not even wpa - it's wep.

Thanks!

And I ask this here because the iPod group doesn't seem to want to answer
my question, or can't.

Old September 29th 08, 06:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 22:18:23 -0400, "Von Fourche"
wrote:

I'm posting this for one of my brothers. He has a desk top pc in his
bedroom that has iToons on it. His desk top is connected to a wireless
router in the living room. When he opens up iToons, he can not connect to
the iToons store. I ran a diagnostic test and it says it does know the
computer is connected to the internet. It says tho that there is no secure
connection. What do I have to do to fix this problem? I tried a few things
and still it would not connect to the iToons store. His wireless router is
an ATT&T
box. I finally know what all those 2wire wireless signals I pick up on my
iTouch are - AT&T boxes. My brothers signal is not even wpa - it's wep.

Thanks!

Some thoughts ...

- Of course verify that he's connected to the 'net. Maybe go to
Amazon and add something to a cart and go to check out and see if that
works.

- Try a different browser and see if it works then.

Otherwise, is his login info. correct for iTunes? Can he connect from
another computer? Do you have a laptop you could bring over to his
place to compare what you can do there vs. what you can do at your
residence?
Old September 29th 08, 08:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
William R. Walsh

Hi!

When he opens up iToons, he can not connect to the iToons store.

What version of iTunes?

I ran a diagnostic test and it says it does know the computer is connected
to the internet. It says tho that there is no secure connection.

I'm not sure what kind of security it would be testing for. If it's just
checking to see if there is any security protecting everything that goes out
over the wire (some cable ISPs do this), then the lack of security should
not cause problems.

The iTunes Music Store uses secured (https) connections. Try to establish a
secured connection with any other web site, and see if it succeeds. If it
does, the problem is not in negotiating a secured connection.

What do I have to do to fix this problem?

I'd make sure that you have at least iTunes 6 installed, and since there is
version 8.0 out now, you might as well use that if you can. (Windows 2000
users are stuck somewhere around 7.2 IIRC.) Even if the latest version is
installed, you might try un-and-reinstalling it to be sure.

Also: I'm sure you checked, but is iTunes being restricted by the Windows
firewall, or a third party firewall?

William

Old September 29th 08, 02:02 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Christopher Muto

your brother should start his troubleshooting by reading this page from
apple's support site:
"Can't connect to the iTunes Store"
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368
the likely reason that he is unable to connect is due to having an old
version of itunes on his pc, and the above document addresses that and other
possible reasons.

Old September 30th 08, 02:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bill Gross

FWIW, I recently upgraded to release 8. something or other and can't
connect. Followed the steps on the web site for tech help. No go.
Contacted AT&T and they couldn't assist. Waiting for an answer via
e-mail from Apple.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 09:02:34 -0400, "Christopher Muto"
wrote:

your brother should start his troubleshooting by reading this page from
apple's support site:
"Can't connect to the iTunes Store"
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368
the likely reason that he is unable to connect is due to having an old
version of itunes on his pc, and the above document addresses that and other
possible reasons.

om...

Old September 30th 08, 03:36 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Von Fourche

"Bill Gross" wrote in message
FWIW, I recently upgraded to release 8. something or other and can't
connect. Followed the steps on the web site for tech help. No go.
Contacted AT&T and they couldn't assist. Waiting for an answer via
e-mail from Apple.

If you get an answer please post it here on this thread.

Thanks!

Old October 4th 08, 08:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bill Gross

Turns out I have AVG running in the background. (the paid version)
When I opened AVG I got hit my several messages asking me if I wanted
to let this or that program access to the 'net.

On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:36:17 -0400, "Von Fourche"
wrote:

"Bill Gross" wrote in message
.. .
FWIW, I recently upgraded to release 8. something or other and can't
connect. Followed the steps on the web site for tech help. No go.
Contacted AT&T and they couldn't assist. Waiting for an answer via
e-mail from Apple.

If you get an answer please post it here on this thread.

Thanks!

How to connect VCR to PC peterwunder Nvidia Videocards 1 December 27th 05 06:54 PM
Connect 3D John Smith Ati Videocards 5 June 8th 05 04:51 PM
how do I connect my tv? JEFF SMALL Dell Computers 2 July 18th 04 08:49 PM
Connect 2MB with IDE ?? RosalieM General 30 March 19th 04 08:26 AM
Connect Your PC To A TV! David Kelly General Hardware 0 February 29th 04 02:29 AM