game machine

Old November 12th 08, 07:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers[_2_]

Default game machine

kant_rite wrote:
Any opinions about the liquid cooled systems?

Seems to me (not that I know anything about them) the danger of leakage
inside the case would be a concern

Kant Rite

Make sure the manufacturer provides the name of a certified plumber to
repair the cooling system. Haldemann and Erlichman need not apply.

;) ... Ben Myers
Old November 12th 08, 07:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"kant_rite" wrote in message
news
I'm in the market for a new gaming computer capable of running the latest
(Fall Out 3) and built to run any foreseeable game that might be developed
in the next four years. Every 4-5 years I buy an new computer.

Price range less that $6,000.

So, What do the Gamers out there recommend?

Kant Rite

Since building is not an option, and since you'll probably want SLi/twin
gpu's, you'll probably want to compare spec and price between Dell XPS
6XX/7XX models and comparable Alienware models.

If it weren't for the need of dual GPUs, I'd probably suggest you find an
XPS 420 loaded to the gills and save yourself a wheelbarrow of cash.....

Stew

Old November 12th 08, 11:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 12:15:16 -0600, "kant_rite"
wrote:

"BigJim" wrote in message
you all didn't take the OP seriously
"kant_rite" wrote in message
news
I'm in the market for a new gaming computer capable of running the latest
(Fall Out 3) and built to run any foreseeable game that might be
developed in the next four years. Every 4-5 years I buy an new computer.

Price range less that $6,000.

So, What do the Gamers out there recommend?

Kant Rite

Most of the replies were serious. Although, I have no desire or skill to
build my own system. I just might take Ben's offer to build one for me
(I'll contact you off list, if that is alright, Ben).

The recommendations (Dell xps 730 h2c, Alienware Area-51 ALX, Digital Storm)
was what I was looking for. That and personal experience with the machines
and support from the manufacturers.

I realize that it's anyone's guess what will happen in four years, but I
want a system that will last. Maybe be wishing for the Moon, but I want to
get as close as possible.

Thanks for the replies and keep the personal experiences coming.

Kant Rite

Honestly at best, IMO I think a high end system now will be low or
very low end in 4 yrs from now based on past experience. That's why I
agree with either Stew or Ben to save your cash and take a fast
machine but not the fastest available. The cash you save can be put
toward the next one in say 3 years from now if you must remain on the
high side of the pc curve.
Old November 22nd 08, 06:44 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:06:55 -0600, "kant_rite"
wrote:

I'm in the market for a new gaming computer capable of running the latest
(Fall Out 3) and built to run any foreseeable game that might be developed
in the next four years. Every 4-5 years I buy an new computer.

Price range less that $6,000.

So, What do the Gamers out there recommend?

Kant Rite

I recommend staying up to date with hardware knowledge. I play Call
of Duty 4 on my Core 2 Duo (4M cache) with a Radeon 4870 video card
and it handles 1900 x 1200 well. The Radeon is much better than the
Nvidia 9800 (I did a comparison) but I think Nvidia came out with
their next technology.

So, know your hardware. I am thinking about building my next computer
myself so I can select the case, power supply, motherboard, etc. I
just got into gaming and doing that would enable me to select the best
performing components.

MAX ECONOMIC Game Machine White warrior General 1 January 1st 05 10:01 AM
Eco Game Machine White warrior General 0 January 1st 05 02:54 AM
MAX ECONOMIC Game Machine White warrior General 0 January 1st 05 02:51 AM
game machine? Richard Miller AMD x86-64 Processors 2 December 23rd 04 12:27 AM
game machine Dilbert Firestorm Homebuilt PC's 7 August 4th 03 01:41 PM