Low Sound Volume on my computer

Old October 13th 08, 05:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Leo

Default Low Sound Volume on my computer

I noticed that I have a rather low sound volume on my Dell Computer. I
it was better than that in the past.

I have to jack up the volume on the speakers to the highest levels to
achieve normal sound level which leads to me hearing static and noise.
That is true for web videos as well as sound files playback on my
computer.

I made sure all the volume sliders are at the Max on the Windows
Volume Control box (including Wave). I checked the Control Panel-
Sound And Audio Devices Properties. Device volume and Speaker volumes

are at High. Sound Playback is set to "SoundMAX Digial Audio" - the
only other option is Model Line Playback.

I have Dell Dimension 4550 with Windows XP (the comp is about 5 years
old)

Any thoughts?
Old October 13th 08, 03:41 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"Leo" wrote in message
I noticed that I have a rather low sound volume on my Dell Computer. I
it was better than that in the past.

I have to jack up the volume on the speakers to the highest levels to
achieve normal sound level which leads to me hearing static and noise.
That is true for web videos as well as sound files playback on my
computer.

I made sure all the volume sliders are at the Max on the Windows
Volume Control box (including Wave). I checked the Control Panel-
Sound And Audio Devices Properties. Device volume and Speaker volumes

are at High. Sound Playback is set to "SoundMAX Digial Audio" - the
only other option is Model Line Playback.

I have Dell Dimension 4550 with Windows XP (the comp is about 5 years
old)

Any thoughts?

Leo,

What speakers are you using with your PC? Are they by any chance Dell ADA
745's?

Link to photo of the speaker set:
http://www.multidator.se/images/products/ADA745.jpg

If so, it may be the speakers themselves.

Stew

Old October 14th 08, 12:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Leo

On Oct 13, 10:41*am, "S.Lewis" wrote:

[...]

These are Harmon/Carbon basic speakers that came with my computer.
Old October 14th 08, 01:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 21:03:27 -0700 (PDT), Leo
wrote:

I noticed that I have a rather low sound volume on my Dell Computer. I
it was better than that in the past.

I have to jack up the volume on the speakers to the highest levels to
achieve normal sound level which leads to me hearing static and noise.
That is true for web videos as well as sound files playback on my
computer.

I made sure all the volume sliders are at the Max on the Windows
Volume Control box (including Wave). I checked the Control Panel-
Sound And Audio Devices Properties. Device volume and Speaker volumes

are at High. Sound Playback is set to "SoundMAX Digial Audio" - the
only other option is Model Line Playback.

I have Dell Dimension 4550 with Windows XP (the comp is about 5 years
old)

Any thoughts?

When I have problems like that I might update the driver first. If
that doesn't work, I'd delete the driver and reinstall. Do so at your
own risk though.

Does it have a headphone jack? If so, how is the volume from that.
You could hook your speakers up to that if it works well, but that
would be a little kludgy.

Finally, Creative makes an external, USB sound card. I have one that
I am not using. It's a nice product that you might want to consider
if you can't fix your problem in another way.
Old October 14th 08, 04:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_3_]

"Leo" wrote in message

[...]

1) try plugging them into the CD/DVD headphone jack (with the drive volume
all the way up), -OR- into the lower front headphone jack down by the USB
ports (behind the front door/flap).

2) if they're still too low, see if you can swap the speakers.