Ebuyer ADSL Router @ £63inc vat ?

Old November 29th 03, 01:27 PM
hugh.w.p

Default Ebuyer ADSL Router @ £63inc vat ?

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...d19wcm9kdWN0X2
92ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=56082

Hi

Does anyone know if this is a good buy, no details anywhere else on the net

QL 56082 if link doesn't work
--

Rgds

Hugh
Reply to
Insert Presidents initial instead of his nickname

Old November 29th 03, 03:05 PM
timco

"hugh.w.p" wrote in message

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...d19wcm9kdWN0X2
92ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=56082

Hi

Does anyone know if this is a good buy, no details anywhere else on the

net

QL 56082 if link doesn't work

http://tinyurl.com/ndvh
that ones better I think and cheaper wired and wireless allows the best of
both worlds.

timco

Old November 29th 03, 03:52 PM
Benedict Addis

"timco" wrote in message

"hugh.w.p" wrote in message

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...d19wcm9kdWN0X2
92ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=56082

Hi

Does anyone know if this is a good buy, no details anywhere else on the

net

QL 56082 if link doesn't work

http://tinyurl.com/ndvh
that ones better I think and cheaper wired and wireless allows the best of
both worlds.

timco

Except the fact that this Linksys thing is not an ADSL router, but a
broadband router. In other words, it doesn't have a built-in modem.

The OP's ADSL router looks fine, but it may not support uPnP, which is
required for MSN Messenger to work properly. VPN may also be a problem.
There are no specs at all on the page, and I can't find the original
manufacturer, so I can't say for sure.

Alternatively, we've got a range of ADSL routers that support all modern
protocols he
www.itchest.co.uk/routers.aspx

Cheers, Benedict.
ITchest Partnership.

Old November 29th 03, 04:04 PM
Chris

"Benedict Addis" wrote in message
"timco" wrote in message

"hugh.w.p" wrote in message

[...]

The Linksys does support VPN and uPnP .. BUT .. not with an external modem
that itself supports NAT etc etc.
imho, it's *much* better to have the modem, router & wireless in a single
unit.
I love my linksys, but I am going to have to shell out for an all in one
unit so that I can get on to my company VPN.

Chris

Old November 29th 03, 05:59 PM
Dr Bombcrater

"hugh.w.p" wrote in message

Does anyone know if this is a good buy, no details anywhere else on the

net

I can't comment on that particular unit, but Origo (who make it) are pretty
good. Their wired models have a very good reputation and I've personally
never had any major trouble with them.

Old November 30th 03, 05:44 PM
hugh.w.p

"hugh.w.p" wrote in message

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...d19wcm9kdWN0X2
92ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=56082

Hi

Does anyone know if this is a good buy, no details anywhere else on the

net

QL 56082 if link doesn't work
--

Rgds

Hugh
Reply to
Insert Presidents initial instead of his nickname

Am I right in assuming this adsl router has a built in modem?

Old November 30th 03, 06:14 PM
Benedict Addis

"timco" wrote in message

"hugh.w.p" wrote in message

[...]

'OP' means original poster, ie the chap that started this thread, asking
about eBuyer's own brand router. I was NOT talking about the Linksys, which
is a totally different thing.

Benedict.

ADSL routers/modems and public IP addresses Eivissa General Hardware 0 March 1st 05 08:38 PM
NTL to PC and Xbox Scott Homebuilt PC's 8 September 14th 04 09:53 AM
Cisco News Ya'll MemoryDealers General 0 April 21st 04 04:14 PM
dsl with router yankeedam General Hardware 0 January 21st 04 01:17 AM
ADSL ROUTER GeoffA General Hardware 0 June 24th 03 11:19 PM