Finally, I could create a bootable WinXP CD with the stuff that ACER includes in the C drive of the C-110-CT!!!

Old June 9th 04, 06:06 PM
Juan I. Cahis

Default Finally, I could create a bootable WinXP CD with the stuff that ACER includes in the C drive of the C-110-CT!!!

Dear friends:

=46inally, I could create a bootable WinXP CD with the stuff that ACER
includes in the C drive of most of their PCs, like the C-110-CT!!!

As you know, ACER only gives you the restore CD to restore your
TabletPC to the original state, as the PC was sold by ACER, but what
happens if you need to repair your TabletPC-WinXP-Pro installation?

Here is how to create a bootable WinXP-TabletPC CD.

=46irst, you need to get the following WEB pages from the Internet:
"MSFN - Create Win XP CD Slipstreamed with SP1 - Nero" and "Windows
XP/SP1 Slipstreamed CD - Nero Burning Rom Procedure". Do a Google
search for them, and note that if you don't have Nero, there are
sister pages for Easy Cd Creator too. In these pages you will have a
detailed explanation about how to create a bootable CD and how to get
the file "boot.bin" which is the CD's boot sector.

Then, you need to follow the procedures in the WEB pages above, and
create a bootable CD, using the boot.bin file as a boot sector, to
label it "WXPOEM_EN", and including the following in its root
directory:

Volume in drive F is WXPOEM_EN
Volume Serial Number is 900E-C059

Directory of f:\

03-Sep-02 01:23 AM DIR CMPNENTS
06-Mar-03 10:06 PM DIR ELEMENTS
03-Sep-02 01:26 AM DIR I386
15-Jan-03 10:38 AM 2,048 boot.bin
23-Apr-04 12:40 PM 6 ISACER.ID
23-Mar-03 02:37 PM 92 PRELOAD.AAA
23-Mar-03 02:38 PM 3 PRELOAD.TAG
30-May-04 08:36 PM 0 WIN51IP
30-May-04 08:36 PM 0 WIN51IP.SP1
6 File(s) 2,149 bytes
3 Dir(s) 0 bytes free

Of the above, the three subdirectories ("CMPNENTS", "ELEMENTS" and
"I386"), the "ISACER.ID", and both the "PRELOAD" files, are located by
ACER in your "C:\" drive. You need to create both "WIN51IP" files
doing something like "ECHO AA WIN51IP" and "ECHO AA WIN51IP.SP1"
from the command prompt.

You will end with a 630 MB CD. Maybe, you should also add there other
subdirectories with extra ACER material, like "DOCS". The idea is to
have in one CD all the drivers and material needed to repair your PC's
installation in the case of a disaster.

I don't know if you will be able to make a fresh install of the
TabletPC Operating System from this CD, but you will be able to boot
from it and to repair an existent one. At least, I could boot from the
CD and arrive to the CD's Recovery Console without any problem.

Create this CD before you have a disaster and it is too late!!!

Enjoy!!!

Note: If you can improve this procedure, please tell me!!

Thanks
Juan I. Cahis
Santiago de Chile (South America)
Note: Please forgive me for my bad English, I am trying to improve it!
Old June 9th 04, 10:56 PM
Dave

Illegal

"Juan I. Cahis" wrote in message

news
my name's juan and i'm unsquishy

Old June 9th 04, 11:10 PM
Juan I. Cahis

Why? All the material is included by ACER in the C drive of any
C-110-CT sold, I am only copying it, for backup purposes, on a
bootable CD.

I don't see any illegal doing a CD backup.

Old June 10th 04, 12:22 AM
Good Man

"Dave" wrote in news:hAMxc.311$HA4.95@newsfe4-gui:

Illegal

uhh, no.

[Announcement] FlashBoot - a tool to make USB Flash Disks bootable PrimeExpert General 0 February 6th 05 06:58 PM
How to burn bootable DVD in NTI DVD-Maker 6? John Hupp Cdr 0 January 26th 05 08:39 PM
Failure to create backup image by Ghost 2003 Ray General 17 January 12th 05 10:35 PM
Installing WinXP problem? BobK General 1 June 2nd 04 02:23 AM
Dual Boot, How? Paul \(Erie\) General 1 June 24th 03 04:36 PM