Smartphone to PC file transfer?

Old April 4th 14, 06:46 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
John Doe

Default Smartphone to PC file transfer?

Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.
Old April 4th 14, 06:53 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Bruce Hagen[_2_]

"John Doe" wrote in message
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

No problem with my Galaxy S3.

Old April 4th 14, 07:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Keith Nuttle

On 4/4/2014 1:46 PM, John Doe wrote:
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

If it has bluetooth, file transfer is easy. Windows 8.1 has native
bluetooth drivers that worked with my Bluetooth adaptor.

I routinely transfer files between my Samsung phone and my computer.
Old April 4th 14, 08:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
s|b

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 10:53:04 -0700, Bruce Hagen wrote:

No problem with my Galaxy S3.

Or my Galaxy S4 Mini.

--
s|b
Old April 4th 14, 08:03 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
s|b

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 17:46:31 +0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:

Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.

That's because it's an iPhone...

--
s|b
Old April 4th 14, 08:05 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
(PeteCresswell)

Per John Doe:
Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

I'm sure Apple's figured that out, but it does not seem to fit into
their paradigm.

Make your next smartphone and Android device and the problem will go
away. You will need a file manager that does LAN stuff... but there's
plenty of those and they're free. I use "ES File Explorer".
--
Pete Cresswell
Old April 4th 14, 08:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Gene E. Bloch[_3_]

On Fri, 4 Apr 2014 17:46:31 +0000 (UTC), John Doe wrote:

Have they figured out that copying data is a fundamental part of
computing? My iPhone 3G does not easily copy files to/from a PC.
My next smartphone definitely will. That's just critical here.

By "they" you mean Apple, of course. It's no problem with Android
phones, as noted in a thread just before yours.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
Old April 4th 14, 08:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe

No, I don't just mean Apple, of course. Requiring a file manager
with LAN isn't my idea of easy file transfer between devices. Easy
file transfer between devices is when the device shows up like a
USB flash drive shows up automatically in Windows Explorer.

Old April 4th 14, 09:18 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
Gene E. Bloch[_3_]

From: John Doe
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.sp irit
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 19:33:37 +0000 (UTC)

No, I don't just mean Apple, of course. Requiring a file manager
with LAN isn't my idea of easy file transfer between devices. Easy
file transfer between devices is when the device shows up like a
USB flash drive shows up automatically in Windows Explorer.

You are quite in error. Android phones natively show up as USB flash
drives in Windows Explorer. All the rest of us (i.e., Android device
owners) have to do is connect the USB cable to the device and wait a few
seconds, as with any other USB drive.

It couldn't be easier - for us. Apparently, that's not so for you.

--
Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
Old April 4th 14, 09:38 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,free.usenet,free.spirit
Seth[_3_]

John Doe pretended :
No, I don't just mean Apple, of course. Requiring a file manager
with LAN isn't my idea of easy file transfer between devices. Easy
file transfer between devices is when the device shows up like a
USB flash drive shows up automatically in Windows Explorer.

Using a file manager for LAN support is one way of doing it wirelessly.
Showing up as a flash drive in Windows Explorer is native to all the
Android devices I have had when plugged in using USB.

transfer file Tony Pacc Dell Computers 4 January 15th 07 09:17 PM
help with file transfer to laptop JC General 2 December 7th 05 02:12 AM
update on file transfer Al Dente Dell Computers 0 July 11th 05 12:59 AM
File Transfer Wizard vs. IE Clifton Dell Computers 9 July 19th 04 08:55 PM
USB File Transfer Cables? Michael P Gabriel General Hardware 0 December 27th 03 03:05 PM