Printer Ink

Old February 23rd 08, 02:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
[email protected]

Default Printer Ink

Does anyone know of any third party substitues for Dell printer ink
cartridges. My printer is a Dell Photoe 924. For the amount I spent on
cartridges last year I could have bought the pritner twice over.
Old February 25th 08, 12:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

wrote in message
Does anyone know of any third party substitues for Dell printer ink
cartridges. My printer is a Dell Photoe 924. For the amount I spent on
cartridges last year I could have bought the pritner twice over.

This is down to the pricing of printers. The cost of the printer generates
little profit to the manufacturers - they make their money in ink sales.
Have you looked into refilling yourself?

Old March 8th 08, 06:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 04:45:15 +0100 (CET), Rookie
wrote:

wrote in news:b876d026-0cb2-4ca0-b7a3-e09725b96c12
:

Does anyone know of any third party substitues for Dell printer ink
cartridges. My printer is a Dell Photoe 924. For the amount I spent on
cartridges last year I could have bought the pritner twice over.

I think many dell printers are actually manufactured by lexmark, so check
if this is the case and then search for the appropriate refill kit.

Yes, Lexmark and Samsung both make printers for Dell, but it
doesn't necessarily mean you can buy the cartridge or refill
kit for the other-brand, at least in one case I know Dell
spec'd an otherwise identical cartridge but with a fuse in
it that blows preventing buying anything other than the Dell
branded cartridge (or a refill kit that comes with new fuse
too). That fuse was on a laser toner cartridge so I am not
sure it's direclty applicable to inkjets, but it does
suggest Dell isn't above going the extra mile to try and
force customers to buy their branded refills and that one
should investigate further whether it applies to this
particular model.
Old March 8th 08, 08:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
kony

On Sat, 8 Mar 2008 18:52:57 +0100 (CET), Rookie
wrote:

Selling the old printer can easily reduce the cost of the new one, and
these things are pretty cheap these days. I would avoid spending more than
70 euros on an inkjet and 100 euros on an inkjet/scanner.

I doubt you could sell a used printer w/o ink for enough to
make it worth the bother, unless it was one that we desired
and wouldn't get rid of because it did accept cheap generic
refills.