Printer Advise

Old October 16th 06, 11:18 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

Default Printer Advise

Gee, must be a language issue.

I quote:

"Development work of a compatible chip for these cartridges is in the
final stages."

They also mention they are releasing a cartridge which contains 20% more
ink but will require the transfer of an ink cartridge chip from another
Canon printer cartridge for now.

Art

milou wrote:

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:18:52 GMT, "Colin Reddish"
wrote:

A mainstream UK compatable cart manufacturer is also listing "available
soon" compatable carts for these printers.
http://www.jettec.co.uk/newproducts.asp
Note this manufacturer is also claiming that they are in the final stages of
developing a compatible chip.

They say nothing of the sort.
Read the blurb again.

Old October 16th 06, 07:30 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Wolfgang Schmittenhammer

Ya me get cheapo camera, ich bin holzkopfe, Wolfgang tired of
compliments from friends, they not know good pictures. They be
amateurs. Bad, bad Wolfgang he cheat printer company.....

measekite wrote:

Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:

Forgot, no, they (Canon Pixma 4000, 6000d) DO NOT have a chip,
they use a light and a prism to sense ink level, when you refill,
there is no message..
FYI, I own a Nikon D70 and get many compliments where I work on
the pictures I print out.

You have a great Camera that is expensive and yet you use clogging high
risk fading poor quality results. Why you should get a cheapo camera is
you are going to use cheapo ink.

One lady asked me to do her wedding and a guy had me do some
homecoming pics, both people were VERY pleased.
Also, just ordered a continuous ink system.. I can let you know how
that works out...Dave M.

Wolfgang Schmittenhammer wrote:

nice1 wrote:

Hello all,

Can some one please tell me if compatible inks can be used on the newer
canon printers, or have they put chips on them? i have a pixma ip4000
and i can use compatibles in that, but my sister is after a new printer
and has asked for my advise, but i am unsure about the newer canon
models.

Thanx in advance

Have a pixma 6000d and refill all the time, if you are not a klutz,
and pay attention to details, not a problem.. Last set of ink was
about $40 for 6 bottles, 4oz. each.. Cost about 50 cents per refill..
I would recommend buying an extra set of cartidges, so you can refill
at your leisure.. Also, what many people don't know or think about,
you do not want to leave your printer setting open while you refill..
Heads will dry out and clog, with an extra set, you can just 'pop'
the new cartridge in.. The great thing about the Canons (4000, or
6000) is they have a prism in the bottom of the cartridge (would
recommend Canon cartridges, don't know if third party cartridges have
the prism) and informs you when it is ACTUALLY GETTING LOW. Not an
extimated thing..

Old October 16th 06, 07:38 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Wolfgang Schmittenhammer" wrote in message
. net...
Ya me get cheapo camera, ich bin holzkopfe, Wolfgang tired of compliments
from friends, they not know good pictures. They be amateurs. Bad, bad
Wolfgang he cheat printer company.....

While you're at it, Wolfgang, please teach our village troll how to spell
his name properly.

Old October 16th 06, 07:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Wolfgang Schmittenhammer

Burt wrote:
"Wolfgang Schmittenhammer" wrote in message
. net...

Ya me get cheapo camera, ich bin holzkopfe, Wolfgang tired of compliments
from friends, they not know good pictures. They be amateurs. Bad, bad
Wolfgang he cheat printer company.....

While you're at it, Wolfgang, please teach our village troll how to spell
his name properly.

Sorry Burt, Wolfgang not be deity, history show Wolfgang not be
able to lure alcoholic to liquor store if he have $100 bribe.
How is it though, some (people) are able to convince hundreds of
people to hand over everything they have worked for and then drink
cyanide laced Kool-Aid???
Old October 17th 06, 09:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Colin Reddish

"Burt" wrote in message
. com...

Currently available compatible carts don't allow the use of ink
monitoring and require this to be done visibly. How easy is it to visibly
check ink levels on an IP4200 printer?

Very easy. Same as on the bci-6 carts with previous printers. When the
printhead moves to the center of the carriage for cart changes a quick
glance (with a flashlight (torch?), if necessary) will show any carts with
ink levels above the edge of the top of the printhead. Removing, looking
at a cart, and replacing it takes a few seconds. Wise to do this before
starting on a large print project. Canon could have dealt refillers a
greater blow by putting chips on the carts AND making them out of opaque
plastic so you can't see the ink levels.

Thanks for that, very re-assuring. I've now purchased an IP4200 and am
awaiting delivery. So I'm looking forward to "seeing" for myself.
--
Colin Reddish

Old October 18th 06, 12:16 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

If one follows the manual instructions everything should work and you
will not have to fuss around to use inferior ink.

Old October 18th 06, 12:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Burt

"Colin Reddish" wrote in message

"Burt" wrote in message
[...]

Colin - lots of information here and also on Nifty-Stuff Forum. You should
also read Neil Slade's info on refilling. His stuff is about the printers
with bci-6 carts so you can disregard the info on compatable carts as there
are none for the ip4200. Also disregard posts by our resident troll who
will tell you that you will ruin your printer with aftermarket inks even
though he has no personal experience with these products. Those of us who
refill with good quality bulk inks haven't had any more problems than you
would experience with Canon inks. In addition, even if you would shorten
the life of your printer (highly doubtful) the money you will save will pay
for many printers to replace it. One set of Canon ink carts is close to the
cost of a new printer. I've seen posts of people who simply buy another
printer when they need a set of new carts! Not too good for the
environment, but refilling keeps lots of plastic one-use ink carts out of
the landfill!

MIS and Hobbicolors have bulk inks for the ip4200. After you feel
comfortable with refilling you might consider buying a set of squeeze
bottles from Howard. Much faster, easier, and no cleaning of syringes. A
set of ten with needles is less than $15. I use the 2 oz. bottles and
requested 1 1/2 inch needles instead of the 1/2 inch ones that they usually
sell with the bottles. After refilling I just hold them upright and give
them a few light squeezes to blow air through the needle and clear it of
ink.(cover with a tissue or paper towel to avoid spraying the ink into the
air!) Any kind of cover will then keep the ink from evaporating.

http://www.inksupply.com/canoninks.cfm
http://search.ebay.com/hobbicolors_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/
http://www.neilslade.com/papers/inkjetstuff.html