k7s41 + x1650 pro

Old August 3rd 07, 03:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
(-Peter-)[_2_]

Default k7s41 + x1650 pro

hi..

can I use a sapphire x1650 pro agp graphic card in my k7s41 mainboard
- I do not know wheater the voltage is correct or not?

Peter

Old August 4th 07, 11:45 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
(-Peter-)[_2_]

On 3 Aug., 16:56, "(-Peter-)" wrote:
hi..

can I use a sapphire x1650 pro agp graphic card in my k7s41 mainboard
- I do not know wheater the voltage is correct or not?

Peter

isn't there anybody who can help me?

I know that the motherboard supports 1,5 V - but not what voltage the
graphic card runs..

/peter

Old August 4th 07, 02:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

(-Peter-) wrote:
On 3 Aug., 16:56, "(-Peter-)" wrote:
hi..

can I use a sapphire x1650 pro agp graphic card in my k7s41 mainboard
- I do not know wheater the voltage is correct or not?

Peter

isn't there anybody who can help me?

I know that the motherboard supports 1,5 V - but not what voltage the
graphic card runs..

/peter

Some of us sleep occasionally :-)

K7S41 uses an SIS 741 chipset.
http://www.asrockamerica.com/Products/K7S41.htm

The specs on that page mention:

"1 x AGP 8X/4X 1.5V slot"

Now, consult the playtool.com page, and it basically agrees.

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/agp.html

"Universal 1.5V AGP 3.0 Motherboard"

The only thing which won't fit in that motherboard, would be a very
old 3.3V-only video card.

Now, the other fun part, is classifying the video card. The author of that
site, doesn't add every video card, as it is introduced. What he did do,
is list the popular X1950Pro. The X1950Pro will use the Rialto bridge
chip, just like a X1650Pro AGP would.

"ATI Radeon X1950 Pro Universal 1.5V AGP 3.0 Card"

I think the Rialto is underneath that pink piece of material on the
back of the video card. It is a bridge chip, that converts from AGP
protocol, to PCI Express x16 that the GPU chip on the front of the
card understands. You can see that the card has the 1.5V key cut, and
that slot should match the position of the plastic key in the AGP slot
on your motherboard.

Should fit and work. If there are any stability issues, either use the
BIOS AGP speed setting and drop to 4X, or use the SmartGART tab in the
ATI control panel, once the driver is installed. SmartGART should offer
the option of dropping the AGP speed manually, but of course the computer
has to be stable long enough to enter the control panel. SmartGART also
does a simple test for stability, when the desktop first appears, and if
there is a significant problem running at 8X, it may downshift to 4X on
its own.

For power, it looks like the card uses a floppy connector, on the end
of the video card.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...102-073-03.jpg

There is a power adapter cable included in that particular product,
to convert from a Molex, to a Molex plus a floppy connector.

http://images10.newegg.com/NeweggIma...102-073-06.jpg

HTH,
Paul
Old August 4th 07, 04:15 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
(-Peter-)[_2_]

On 4 Aug., 15:23, Paul wrote:

Should fit and work. If there are any stability issues, either use the
BIOS AGP speed setting and drop to 4X, or use the SmartGART tab in the
ATI control panel, once the driver is installed. SmartGART should offer
the option of dropping the AGP speed manually, but of course the computer
has to be stable long enough to enter the control panel. SmartGART also
does a simple test for stability, when the desktop first appears, and if
there is a significant problem running at 8X, it may downshift to 4X on
its own.

Thank you for the brilliant answer..

Have a nice day..

/Peter

Old August 6th 07, 12:27 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Squat

/Peter
Peter,
For what it's worth, Check your power supply rating. I installed a x1950 AGP
and had to install a larger power supply to power the thing.

Cheers
Squat,

X850 or X1650 Frederick J. Barnett Ati Videocards 7 May 6th 07 06:26 PM
Radeon X1650 bios mod - Help please Armando Overclocking 0 March 11th 07 04:08 AM
ati x1650 pro prdtr Ati Videocards 9 December 28th 06 10:04 PM
x1650 agp Chobin Ati Videocards 1 November 23rd 06 02:54 PM
setting maybe obvious for you, but.... (sempron 2,4 + K7s41 jf Overclocking AMD Processors 4 October 10th 05 01:06 AM