Is it safe to order on Amazon/Ebay from China?

Old March 30th 21, 09:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Xanadu99

Default Is it safe to order on Amazon/Ebay from China?

Shall I trust the order from Chinese supplier?
My friend told me be careful order anything from China especially nameless
supplier. She went to Vietnam and bought a lots of stuff from Korean stores. She thought everything she bought was Korean made products but it was all Chinese made products . She find out the store is owned by Chinese business operator and used korean name and korean language on their product and store name so to look appears it's from Korea, not from China. So why Chinese owner used Korean name? Simply Vietnamese people hate China so they are not buying from anything smell Chinese. I dunno some says don't order from the Chinese supplier or no difference order from US supplier.
Old March 30th 21, 11:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Xanadu99 wrote:
Shall I trust the order from Chinese supplier?
My friend told me be careful order anything from China especially nameless
supplier. She went to Vietnam and bought a lots of stuff from Korean stores. She thought everything she bought was Korean made products but it was all Chinese made products . She find out the store is owned by Chinese business operator and used korean name and korean language on their product and store name so to look appears it's from Korea, not from China. So why Chinese owner used Korean name? Simply Vietnamese people hate China so they are not buying from anything smell Chinese. I dunno some says don't order from the Chinese supplier or no difference order from US supplier.

That seems a rather "xenophobia of the week" kind
of way of doing things.

There have always been middle men. Traders.

Some add value. They vet the goods they buy.

And some don't add value. That would be Amazon and Ebay.

Take my first (and last) transaction with Amazon. They
tried a bait and switch. They pretended to have stock.
They took my credit card details. They put the credit
card through and charged the money. Then, they write back
and tell me there is no stock. And how would I like to
buy the same item, at a higher (the regular) price ?
A price where, I could drive ten minutes and get the
item at that price from a local store. It took a month
for the refund of the credit card to go through. And
Amazon got to enjoy my money for a month.

Now, how much business do you think I've done with
Amazon since then, after such shabby treatment ? Zero!

What nationality is Bezos ? He appears to be a Baldonian.
Therefore, I have decided to "hate Baldonians". Now
when I enter a small shop downtown, I check for hair first.

Paul
Old March 30th 21, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 06:58:28 -0400, Paul
wrote:

And some don't add value. That would be Amazon and Ebay.

Negatory that. Ebay's Chinese representation is nowhere near the
leeway Amazon contracts as the middleman jobber. Although, and aside,
to entirely ignore instances and residual of a present climate of
fierce in-between competitiveness, where Ebay or, vis-a-vis Amazon,
are is known to directly contact the other's sellers and attempt to
lure them across the platforms for profit enticements.

Below which, enters a dragon of Ebay Chinese marketing -- as one
nefariously permitted the same window as operative consumer protection
laws -- whereas Amazon shores that in with transport carrier
adherances for those very laws;- Ebay, furthermore, has currently all
but negated live representation to override automated Web-centric
means to instigate a dispute. I have personally seen claims imposed,
within Ebay's practices, upon requirement of a valid credit card
initially processed, (a token charge and refund), before Ebay will
pick up a phone with an human operative behind it;- A convenient
touch, no doubt, with their website grievance a regular horrorshow of
accountability skewed against the consumer.

All of which, conversely, and although priced and skewed to account at
some higher distributional expense rate, at the personal level of
committed customer satisfaction, Amazon at least attempts to claim, is
overall by magnitudes at a higher level of protectionalism. And most
certainly well within under a 90-day transaction, overall, (Ebay would
permit Chinese merchants to egregiously contract through them for
(sic) 90-day as "reasonable" to shipping times), no less to access
protection laws if and for "kicking it up one" to the customer credit
card representation for fraudulent activities. Of course I might
personally fear, on one hand, depending on how hard I can indeed kick,
of kicking myself entirely of Fleabay's dog-&-pony show for calling in
credit card's representation;- whereas, from the other hand, there's
always hope of contravening forces to intervene, short of a prayer or
perhaps the class-action lawsuit.

Now, how much business do you think I've done with
Amazon since then, after such shabby treatment ? Zero!

Thing about Amazon is media routing, in one instance, they're all
nevertheless using -- from consumer grade sites, actual consumers
frequent, with freedom of speech to voice **** from shinola, over
products, in turn advertised, by all WEB businesses that know to also
go to to advertise their merchandise presence. Where, in occasions
more or less lengthily between, Amazon may just happen to show up with
no less with an ass-kicker of a deal. (When that distinction happens
on Ebay, however, it is not of fleabay's interests, but the merchant's
interest, who invariably list their presence and identity (for such
reasons as what they may be to do so), that is through Ebay, that they
are addressing potential customers to visit to make a transaction.
E.g., it's the Chinese merchants at present abusing the 90-day
consumer protectionalism that, really, Ebay should know better than to
facilitate.)
Old April 2nd 21, 03:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mayayana

"Flasherly" wrote

| Ebay's Chinese representation is nowhere near the
| leeway Amazon contracts as the middleman jobber.

Amazon over Ebay any day of the week.
Old April 2nd 21, 04:48 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

On Thu, 1 Apr 2021 23:34:46 -0300, Mayayana
wrote:

| Ebay's Chinese representation is nowhere near the
| leeway Amazon contracts as the middleman jobber.

Amazon over Ebay any day of the week.

Other way around, perhaps not exactly just about everyday, but
worthwhile, in any event, as long as merchandise can be further
established, which can be tricky. To wit -- I've run both Ebay/Amazon
tabbed against one another, temporarily gathering to establish an
average skew elsewhere an idea for a product's national prices,
perhaps ancillary information for brand divergences. Right-o,
thereupon I know what and why I want to drop some money from my hot,
hot hands.

Surprise. An independent browser, I have not installed physically
within the OS, is hacked and "locked down" and I'm unable to delete to
reinstall it -- the whole purpose in the first place -- "Erase All
Trace". . . Supercookies, or whatever who the hell knows. I have to
reboot and manually, if additionally needed, pull the pieces for a
quarantine burn-pit.

Like I said, they're nasty, between merchants competing on Amazon and
Ebay, with Amazon, depending on the product/instance, likely to be the
one who's priced double for exactly your very fine assessment, indeed.

I mean within reason, doing it over and over within experience within
a wide range of products. The most obvious in mind, in this instance,
is redoing all the plumbing interconnects between supply pipes and
fixtures -- Amazon would be a joke, tempting unqualifiedly say from
what Ebay offered, by actual plumber supply houses with parts on
prices exactly suited my expectations. Needless to say at two, three
times higher from overall an expectedly higher Amazon mark-up;- CEO,
Amazon's Bozo didn't retire filthy rich for nothing.

The lock-up incident, I can't recall offhand the item upon a
determination, when I went to dis-install the browser and trace
history, finding I'd been compromised, before ordering. To be
fairer, perhaps not most generically to say, the type of product may
be easier to respectively associate. Just not always, so as a rule I
bring up both of them to make comparisons.

With a high-end Japanese solar watch with low-frequency radio
receiver, it took repeated attempts over days, perhaps by third-day's,
when I'd given up hope, at the last moment of an alternative lower
quality item, within the shopping cart, when Amazon, watching and
evidently following, pulled in a new and prior unlisted merchant with
half the price of Ebay's or hitherto their other price listings.

I bought it and, the following day still curious, went back to attempt
and track what had happened. The merchant was gone and the watch was
listed for twice my price again.

Last but not reiteratively least is Chinese merchants. They're
operating at 90-days, within a selfsame interest credit cards disallow
disputes (more in likelihood to exclude high-end items, such as my
watch - they "know better" than sell without premium shippage). Which
the Emperor of Ebay has given his Divine Blessing, along with recent
Ebay closure upon recourse of consumer disputes. All of which, Amazon
simply doesn't speak under such terms of parlance -- In Chinese
pronunciation it's -- Watch Your Ass, Bitch!

Hate to say it, I've bought a ton of goods from China, by far and many
the good experiences. Damn right I hate to because I got stiffed over
$3/US for 10 keyboard assembly switches. Even after the *******
messaged me that, just 'because they're so cheap, in My Most
Beneficiary generosity, I'll resend them to you.' Ebay's response:
'What are you looking at me for, bitch!

In case you've further questions: Hell no, that's not going to stop
me buying from China. I will, however, be looking a lot harder at
them;- and, in the case of Ebay, I can think offhand of some creative
ways financially to draw down their attention should they attempt to
slip out the backdoor on deals gone bad.

When a Chinese merchant says he means to reship you something that
never may have been shipped in the first place, I do have my doubts
that Amazon would allow him the opportunity to say it twice. (And
Amazon as well does ship from the Pacific Rim, to be certain, although
for what addition price(s) to carry its PRIME modeling, if less so.)