1 message?

Old March 28th 12, 05:56 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell

Default 1 message?

What's up? I only have 1 message showing in this ng today.

Old July 30th 12, 09:20 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector[_2_]

On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:56:13 PM UTC-4, J wrote:
What's up? I only have 1 message showing in this ng today.

Ha ha at one time this group was loaded with posts. Packard Bell is total junk. As the junk dies out so does the news group posts. Sad and wonderful at the same time.

Elector
Old July 30th 12, 09:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector[_2_]

On Thursday, March 29, 2012 12:54:16 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:56:13 PM UTC-4, J wrote:

What's up? I only have 1 message showing in this ng today.

One a day is a lot for the Packard Bell newsgroup. It is pretty dormant, even if the PB name is alive and well outside the US of A.

Wow! Another message! A banner day for the PB ng... Ben Myers

Old August 21st 12, 01:32 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

I no longer mess around repairing computers in my spare time
I ruptured my right biceps (tore the muscle off of the tendon) and now I have a pop eye muscle.
I slipped down yhe steps qnd yhe left biceps temdon tore but is still intact
I can light things easily over my head but my motor skills dor soldering extc give me a shaky hand

I no longer or rarely use Windows as I now use Linux except for this Ipad that I am using now.
A lot of my sentences begin with I.

In my opininion the packard bells and many of the others of that period where about the same.
The riser cards were kind of nice and was a revolutionary idea.
The bios for these units were easily modded .
I modded one for a legend 10 to see a whopping 2gb hd

I have recntly gotten into motor scooters.
Little 50cc motorcycles also know as mopeds.
Really a hell of a lot of fun especially when visting yard sales and flea markets

For a short while I used from what I learned from computers from my my first one in High School that was previously used for targeting ballistics and used plug in
wires like the old telephone switch boards to the timex sinclair viv 20 commodre 64 to now to sell software on Ebay.
Sold about 500 or more floppies that would recalibrate and fix dead batteries in compaqs.
Sold another 500 or so on bootable cdrom.
No user input but the letter y was needed.

i also got caught by my isp for hacking and have refrained from this activity.
I know should have been done from a wireless systtem outside of a unprotected wifi but very few exitsted at that time
The liibrary is kimd of good but they can match isp with time and location now kind of like 1984

I now write some code using the unix kernel
I am not a programmer just good at back engineering and kind of have this knack for doing .

Currently I and researching fiber optic switching.
Kind of like a tube or transistor that takes a small voltage and valves the voltage or current but this one is a light signal that allows
it to switch light through or not through.
It only requires one light source for all discrete components as the source.
Five watts would be sufficient for a cpu that would have a a few biliion devices
This is a new science that is past its infancy but info is just seeping as the militray has known about it dor years

It all started with those fiber optic cables the kind radio shack sold in ghe 70's to verizon fiber optics that have a bandwidth when fully used would put
Comcast in the dust but legal restraints and fccc and all the fed laws are probably holding them back do do fair trade or leakage of classified material.

So one day the cmputer will be a light bulb and a bunch of wires .
What scares me is when you ask yhe computer to do a vhore and it says no
Then we are on our way to a big revolution where they take us over
Perhaps evolution requires life forms that lead to computer life forms

It sure scares me as we may just be a program in some super computer as the Universe may be the computer.
Laugh as you may but there are many others who feel the universe may be a living computer

I am just a coiple of bytes and try to do the best with the little bit

Old August 21st 12, 01:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

By metronid
Old August 28th 12, 06:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Elector[_2_]

On Monday, August 20, 2012 8:32:01 PM UTC-4, metronid wrote:
[...]

Ha ha another old time poster from the past.
Hey at least you are still alive!

I use windows still, also a Mac and ipads and iphones and androids and the list goes on.

retired and loving it.

Nice to see you posting again.

Elector
Old August 30th 12, 12:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

I post quite a bit but not here.
I actually threw out all my old PB files that were on cd
My wofe got tired of my big stack .

It was not a prudent deciaion as I have seen people needing copies of restore CD's that now reside in a land fill.

I can not retire till my daughter finishes college
Hopefully this century

I got a warning last week from comcast for ahutting down a computer in India
They accepted my reply
This guy had the nerve to try to hack my wifes computer which left his system open for attack.
I of course just flashed his bios using winflash with a garbage bios

He entered system and I helped him out .
Hacking into a computer lets you open for attack if you are a novice

He was foolish enough to try to open a file that is listed as bank passwords
Why he could not tell he was flashing his bios is beyond me
It clearly stated once you click your bios will be flashed and you can not unplug or stop process.

The peogram of course was listed in hebrew .
Perhaps he needs to learn a few more languages

message [email protected] Homebuilt PC's 0 August 3rd 08 09:05 AM
Where's this message coming from? Robert Asus Motherboards 19 July 17th 06 08:46 PM
Thank-you for reading my message jim dorey General 0 August 2nd 05 10:10 AM
Test Message Magnusfarce Cdr 0 October 7th 04 04:52 AM
help with this message above john Nvidia Videocards 0 December 31st 03 06:31 PM