ASUS BIOS logo screen comes up, then blank screen

Old December 25th 06, 05:35 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Hari

Default ASUS BIOS logo screen comes up, then blank screen

MoBo5NSLI
CPU: pentium D
PSU:Enermax
Ext Video card: PCIexperess Nvidia GeoForce 7600 GS
RAM: Kingston pc5300 667MHZ 512MB RAM

My Problem:
When I power on , It shows the ASUS logo and then screen disappears
Tried to put memory in differnt slot , still same problem.
What am I doing wrong?

What I did:
Connected PSU to Mobo (20 Pin and 12V pin)
Connected PSU Front panel connectors to Mobo(Speaker,PWRSW, etc)
Attached CPU and CPU Fan to Mobo along with CPU fan connection
Attached Video Card to Mobo
Connected IDE One master HDD in IDE Primary of Mobo
Connected 1 DVD Writer in IDE Secondary of Mobo
Connected 2 USB front panel connectors to Mobo
Power ON front panel

Please Help
Thanks

Old December 29th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Dale T Stewart

Hi

I recently had a similar prob when installing Win98 on a Slot 1 PII. I think
Win98 didn't like the LCD VDU. So I had to adjust settings in BIOS to try
and sort things.

To cut a long story short, I used the Fail Safe settings in BIOS - bingo! It
booted into Windows OK!

Maybe try Default or Fail Safe settings in BIOS.

Hope this helps

Dale