Borderlands

Old August 20th 10, 12:07 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

Default Borderlands

Borderlands (retail DVD) crashes if I set screen resolution at 16 x 10
regardless of detail settings. At lower resolutions it's OK. No help
from various forums. Virtually no other programs running. Any
suggestions? All other games run just fine with high detail, AF,
etc. Heat is not a problem.

GPU: 5870
CPU: Core 2 Duo 8400 3.0 GHz
4GB mem
Win7, 32 bit

Thanks, Bill
Old August 21st 10, 02:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Carl

I just ran Borderlands Steam version on my W7 64, 4870X2, 8Gb mem, and Intel
Q9650 quad core. It is at 1900x1200 on a 24" widescreen. It worked fine.
Perhaps look to see in device manager if you have the correct driver for
your monitor?

Old August 21st 10, 11:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

I could only get it work without a major memory issue under 10.7 cats
with the "Catalyst AI" setting disabled. I use a 4870X2 which then
means only one core is working but it runs fine with everything maxed
out (also it doesn't need AA as it looks fine). Played for hours
yesterday without a crash.

Hope this help.

Old August 21st 10, 04:32 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Chuck

wrote:

Borderlands (retail DVD) crashes if I set screen resolution at 16 x 10
regardless of detail settings. At lower resolutions it's OK. No help
from various forums. Virtually no other programs running. Any
suggestions? All other games run just fine with high detail, AF,
etc. Heat is not a problem.

GPU: 5870
CPU: Core 2 Duo 8400 3.0 GHz
4GB mem
Win7, 32 bit

Thanks, Bill

The crash details might help you get some sort of answer.
Beyond that, there are several games that have similar problems.
So far, there is no single fix that makes the problems go away for everyone.

The general problem seems to occur with both ATI and NVIDIA GPUs,
various MBD support chip sets, and BIOS versions.

The exact causes vary. Some are related to the differences between DX9c
and DX10 or DX11. Some seem to point to differences between dlls in
older development software.

Others have to do with the amount of video memory above 512Meg.
Downclocking GPU and video memory helps in some cases.
(And so on)

Old August 21st 10, 05:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
[email protected]

wrote in message

Borderlands (retail DVD) crashes if I set screen resolution at 16 x 10
regardless of detail settings. *At lower resolutions it's OK. *No help
from various forums. *Virtually no other programs running. *Any
suggestions? *All other games run just fine with high detail, AF,
etc. *Heat is not a problem.

GPU: *5870
CPU: *Core 2 Duo 8400 3.0 GHz
4GB mem
Win7, 32 bit

Thanks, Bill

I reinstalled my monitor driver and the Nvidia phyx drivers. It
worked!
Old August 28th 10, 09:19 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
tuvw734[_8_]

Chris Osgood, who started the playoffs on the bench, took over during
Game 4 of Detroit's opening-round series with Nashville and went on to
lead all goalies with a 1.55 goals-against average. He opened the Final
with back-to-back shutouts before the Penguins won Game 3. Detroit had a
chance to wrap up the series at home in Game 5 but lost a thrilling
triple-overtime decision. The Red Wings hoisted the Cup in Pittsburgh
two nights later with a 3-2 win.'cheap Pittsburgh Steelers jersey'
(http://tinyurl.com/2vk685e)'cheap Steelers jerseys'
(http://tinyurl.com/2vk685e)'cheap Steelers jersey'
(http://tinyurl.com/2vk685e)'San Diego Chargers jerseys'
(http://tinyurl.com/289vf9g)'Chargers jerseys'
(http://tinyurl.com/289vf9g)With a pair of superstars leading the way,
the Pittsburgh Penguins won the Stanley Cup for the first time since
current owner and former superstar Mario Lemieux led them to
back-to-back titles in 1991 and 1992. Sidney Crosby became the youngest
captain in to hoist the Cup, while Evgeni Malkin won the Conn Smythe
Trophy as playoff MVP. Malkin joined Lemieux, Wayne Gretzky, Guy Lafleur
and Phil Esposito as the only players since NHL expansion in 1967 to
lead the League in scoring in the regular-season and the playoffs. Dan
Bylsma took over a slumping team late in the season and coached them to
a championship.

--
tuvw734