TV online is 20 frames per minute!

Old August 24th 10, 04:06 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

Default TV online is 20 frames per minute!

I notice that they've sent me two version of Adobe in the last week or
so -- and I was up to date to begin with. I was hoping the first one
would fix a "script won't stop running" problem I have with a few
pages, including www.dictionary.com in Firefox3, but it didn't. I got
the second version a day or two ago, but I haven't had nerve enough to
risk freezing Firefox.

It's recommeneded to uninstall all vestiges of Flash and rebooting
before installing a new one. Sometimes the uninstall leaves something.
Secunia PSI is a free program to tell what needs security updates that
finds leftovers alot for me. I have to go delete remaining folders, like
system32\Macromedia.

I download the latest Flash Uninstaller from Adobe but I think you can
also do it from the Programs thing in Control Panel.

--
Ed Light

Better World News TV Channel:
http://realnews.com

Iraq Veterans Against the War and Related:
http://ivaw.org
http://couragetoresist.org
http://antiwar.com

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.
Old August 24th 10, 06:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mm

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:01:58 -0700, Ed Light
wrote:

I don't know about wiring, but maybe you could set up outside at the
interface box with a short wire and see if it works right.

I guess I should have thought of that, huh. It can take me months or
years to think of something others think of right away. To think I
wanted to be a trial lawyer. The trial would be over and I'd still
be thinking of things I could say.
Old August 24th 10, 07:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mm

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 20:06:19 -0700, Ed Light
wrote:

I notice that they've sent me two version of Adobe in the last week or
so -- and I was up to date to begin with. I was hoping the first one
would fix a "script won't stop running" problem I have with a few
pages, including www.dictionary.com in Firefox3, but it didn't. I got
the second version a day or two ago, but I haven't had nerve enough to
risk freezing Firefox.

It's recommeneded to uninstall all vestiges of Flash and rebooting
before installing a new one. Sometimes the uninstall leaves something.
Secunia PSI is a free program to tell what needs security updates that
finds leftovers alot for me. I have to go delete remaining folders, like
system32\Macromedia.

I download the latest Flash Uninstaller from Adobe but I think you can
also do it from the Programs thing in Control Panel.

Thanks. I may do that.
Old August 24th 10, 08:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

wrote:

I don't know about wiring, but maybe you could set up outside at the
interface box with a short wire and see if it works right.

I guess I should have thought of that, huh. It can take me months or
years to think of something others think of right away. To think I
wanted to be a trial lawyer. The trial would be over and I'd still
be thinking of things I could say.

The "elegant" solutions can be elusive!

Old August 24th 10, 08:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

I download the latest Flash Uninstaller from Adobe but I think you can
also do it from the Programs thing in Control Panel.

Thanks. I may do that.

Actually the downloaded uninstaller might remove more than the
individual items in Programs for the 2 Flash's -- the dx for IE and the
plugin for Firefox (if you've installed Flash in both).

Old August 25th 10, 03:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mm

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 00:51:13 -0700, Ed Light
wrote:

I download the latest Flash Uninstaller from Adobe but I think you can
also do it from the Programs thing in Control Panel.

Thanks. I may do that.

Actually the downloaded uninstaller might remove more than the
individual items in Programs for the 2 Flash's -- the dx for IE and the
plugin for Firefox (if you've installed Flash in both).

Thanks again for all the help.
Old August 25th 10, 04:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ed Light

On 8/24/2010 7:45 PM, mm wrote:

Thanks again for all the help.

I'd love to hear how it turns out.

Old August 25th 10, 09:01 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
mm

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:02:43 -0700, Ed Light
wrote:

On 8/24/2010 7:45 PM, mm wrote:

Thanks again for all the help.

I'd love to hear how it turns out.

It takes me a long time to get things done. For example, I haven't
even turned the modem off and on and done the tests again.

To cut the phone line I have to find my modular connector tool and the
connectors and the wire cutters. It could easily be weeks, or even
months** (Frankly, the low speed hasn't bothered me until I wanted to
watch the tv show. With youtube, it's often fast enough but I just do
something in another tab or program if it doesn't dl quickly enough._

**Also I only got going because I had to get the new video card for
the computer I'm fixing up and wanted to make sure that wasn't the
source of the probelm.

But I plan to start a new thread here that starts Follow-up on
connection speed, or something like that.

Old August 27th 10, 11:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Richard P[_4_]

On 24/08/2010 03:46, mm wrote:
On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:59:44 -0700, Ed
wrote:

I'm still going to get a little better card, but I won't worry how
good.

(I'm working on an answer to your first question!)

I'm working through a saga with Hulu, 480p, run full-screen at 1440x900
on a 19" widescreen monitor.

All by itself it's decent but not very sharp. Often a bit dark and flat.

Recently Adobe came out with its 10.1 Flash player that enables hardware
acceleration using the video card.

I notice that they've sent me two version of Adobe in the last week or
so -- and I was up to date to begin with. I was hoping the first one
would fix a "script won't stop running" problem I have with a few
pages, including www.dictionary.com in Firefox3, but it didn't. I got
the second version a day or two ago, but I haven't had nerve enough to
risk freezing Firefox.

My hope was that now I could use the adjustable enhancements of my card
on Hulu -- namely Sharpening and Dynamic Contrast; also brightness,
contrast, and hopefully, gamma.

I have a Radeon 7000, since last Deember. I assume even though the
number is higher, that it's older than your 4670. Even so it has all
those adjustments you talk about and I was/am afraid to touch them.
:~|

In XP I haven't even started the program in months, although when I go
back to win98, it starts automatically (but I ignore it) I am not
literally color-blind but I have no artistic sense or sense of color
and I'm not even that good at black and white!

My Radeon 4670 will do it in Win 7. In XP I'm having terrible problems,
which wouldn't be so bad except I want it to work on a friend's XP PC
that I will visit to maintain in a bit over a month.

Oh, yeah.

I sent for and will be trying a geforce GT 240. I think the nvidia
drivers will do pretty well compared to the ATI's, which have glitches
in the control panel that are not really excusable. The ATI bum driver
reputation continues.

We'll see.

At any rate, in Win 7, with the 4670, I can make Hulu look almost like a
DVD!

That's great.

FYI, the geforce GT 240 is the minimum (current) nvidia card for highest
quality video in players that can actually use it. Tentatively, I'd say
get that one. But haven't tested it yet. It's also a power-sipper. I'm
getting the ASUS with the big fan -- reviews say it's really quiet. Got
one for $40 with rebate and free shipping!

I'll try to read this group, even after I get my new computer running.

The Radeon 7000 is absolutely ancient It isn't capable of video
acceleration AFAIK the only ATI cards that do support it are the 2xxx -
5xxx cards.

FREE Backup your Mobile Phone Address Book and SMS Messages Online, It only takes a minute and you don’t need any cables or special equipment. bhakti UK Computer Vendors 0 January 21st 09 08:51 AM
19 minute boot??? s_landa General 19 October 4th 05 09:45 AM
Five-Minute Fixes Ablang General 0 December 23rd 04 04:48 AM
Skid, do you have a minute? dmac Overclocking 5 January 7th 04 06:38 PM