ATI MMC audio device selection

Old July 9th 10, 04:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Bruce Morgen

Default ATI MMC audio device selection

I run ATI MMC 7.7 on my
old Win2K box and it has a
mysterious tendency to
switch its audio device
from line to WAV for no
apparent reason. Both
devices work, but the line
input has better audio
quality. Can any of you
ATI gurus tell me either
(a) why this happens and/or
(b) how I can switch back
to the line input without
doing a time-consuming
uninstall/reinstall? I only
use MMC for TV (it's the
only program I've found that
actually works for that),
fwiw.

Thanks in advance for any
and all advice!
Old July 11th 10, 01:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
goldy[_2_]

If You Have Installed New Drivers With Out Completely Removing The Old
And I Mean Completely You Can Get All Sorts Of Problem. I Had To Use
"DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition" http://www.drivercleaner.net
, Found It Free Some Place, To Get Mine To Work. It Found All Sorts
Of Hidden Parts Of Old Drivers. I Would Get A Capture Of 720 X 960
Which None Of The Other Programs Liked. Note Windows 2000 Is Not
Supported With 9.13. Hope This Helps.
goldy
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 23:26:03 -0400, Bruce Morgen
wrote:

I run ATI MMC 7.7 on my
old Win2K box and it has a
mysterious tendency to
switch its audio device
from line to WAV for no
apparent reason. Both
devices work, but the line
input has better audio
quality. Can any of you
ATI gurus tell me either
(a) why this happens and/or
(b) how I can switch back
to the line input without
doing a time-consuming
uninstall/reinstall? I only
use MMC for TV (it's the
only program I've found that
actually works for that),
fwiw.

Thanks in advance for any
and all advice!

Old July 11th 10, 08:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Bruce Morgen

I upgraded MMC to v9.08 and
so far so good -- keeping
fingers and toes crossed.
I do have quite a few
vestigial drivers (this is
the third video/TV card
I've used on this box)
hanging around, so I might
try your recommendation,
just to sweep out the
cobwebs -- thanks!

goldy wrote:

If You Have Installed New Drivers With Out Completely Removing The Old
And I Mean Completely You Can Get All Sorts Of Problem. I Had To Use
"DH Driver Cleaner Professional Edition" http://www.drivercleaner.net
, Found It Free Some Place, To Get Mine To Work. It Found All Sorts
Of Hidden Parts Of Old Drivers. I Would Get A Capture Of 720 X 960
Which None Of The Other Programs Liked. Note Windows 2000 Is Not
Supported With 9.13. Hope This Helps.
goldy
On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 23:26:03 -0400, Bruce Morgen
wrote:

I run ATI MMC 7.7 on my
old Win2K box and it has a
mysterious tendency to