Anyone use a tyan K8WE(s2895) with a Tai-Chi case???

Old April 23rd 06, 02:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default Anyone use a tyan K8WE(s2895) with a Tai-Chi case???

I just got a Tai-Chi VB5000SNA case (made by Thermaltake). I bought it
at a show.
The box says that it supports Extended ATX and so does the manual.
The problem is, now that I got it home, I look on the manufacturer's
website and it says in the FAQ that it does NOT support extended ATX
(but they don't say why).

There is no phone number on Thermaltake's site.

The concise question is, has anyone here ever put a Tyan K8WE(s2895)
motherboard in a Thermaltake Tai-Chi case? If so, did you have any
problems.?

Just one note, this case does NOT have the water cooling option.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old April 23rd 06, 02:38 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

It is further alleged that on or about 22 Apr 2006 18:07:28 -0700, in
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, the queezy keyboard of "jeff22"
spewed the following:

|I just got a Tai-Chi VB5000SNA case (made by Thermaltake). I bought it
|at a show.
|The box says that it supports Extended ATX and so does the manual.
|The problem is, now that I got it home, I look on the manufacturer's
|website and it says in the FAQ that it does NOT support extended ATX
|(but they don't say why).
|
|There is no phone number on Thermaltake's site.
|
|The concise question is, has anyone here ever put a Tyan K8WE(s2895)
|motherboard in a Thermaltake Tai-Chi case? If so, did you have any
|problems.?

Jeff,
You need an upgrade kit for the case
http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/12/...es/page17.html
BTW, it's a sweet case.
--
-nos1eep
Old April 23rd 06, 05:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Why would I want the BTX upgrade kit? I am not trying to install a BTX
board, but rather, an E-ATX board. Furthermore, both the box and the
manual says that the case supports e-ATX but their website says that
there are issues (but doesn't elaborate on what they are).

Jeff

Old April 24th 06, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

"jeff22" wrote in message
ups.com...
Why would I want the BTX upgrade kit? I am not trying to install a BTX
board, but rather, an E-ATX board. Furthermore, both the box and the
manual says that the case supports e-ATX but their website says that
there are issues (but doesn't elaborate on what they are).

Jeff

Los Angeles Office

Thermaltake Technology Inc. USA
Address: 525 Parriott Place
City of Industry, CA 91745

Business: (626)968-9189
Mon.~Fri. 9:00am~5:30pm(PST)
Support: (800)988-1088
FAX: (626)968-7659

Fan speeds Texas Yankee Overclocking 6 March 8th 06 04:09 PM
Upgrade Report [GeekTech: On the Case - 08/24/2004] Ablang General 0 August 26th 04 04:23 AM
Case fans question... Travis King Asus Motherboards 8 June 27th 04 06:52 PM
Happy Birthday America SST Ati Videocards 336 November 27th 03 07:54 PM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan Homebuilt PC's 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM