"This Is Not An Invoice"

Old April 11th 05, 03:38 PM
hockeybuff

Jim Higgins wrote:
On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 18:01:42 +0000 (UTC), in
, "Time Teamer"
wrote:

"Ted Zieglar" wrote in message

My recent purchase of a replacement power supply from Dell made for some
amusing paperwork.

Apparently, Dell is dead-set against giving you an invoice. I had the same
situation when I purchased my last computer from Dell. You get lots of
paperwork, but no invoice. I got an Order Confirmation, an Acknowledgement
and ultimately, a Packing Slip. Each one of these documents had "THIS IS
NOT AN INVOICE" stamped on it. Particularly amusing was the
Acknowledgement, which had this line prominently printed in blue:

"Please Review Important Terms & Conditions On the Reverse Side Of This
Invoice"

Oops! Looks like somebody goofed, since just below this sentence, in thick
gray letters, was "THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE". And what's that "Invoice
Number" doing in the upper right corner?

If you ask for an invoice, you're told to go to the web site, which
strikes me as peculiar: if Dell will send me an Order Confirmation, an
Acknowledgement and a Packing Slip, surely they could spring for an
Invoice? Anyway, if you look up your invoice number on the web site, you
get your Acknowledgement...which says "THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE".

Do you suppose Dell thinks that by not invoicing its customers it can save
on taxes?

Ted Zieglar

tis a VAT shift and lets them juggle the sales figures. They should eventual
release a FULL invoice. Perhaps also to suit certain sales quarters.

********!

Very strange. I needed to send them a copy of my so-called invoice in
order to receive a $50 rebate on their Extended Warranty offer. So I
returned a copy of their Confirmation and did receive the rebate. Go
figure.