AMD Barton 2500 prices

Old January 2nd 04, 01:41 PM

Default AMD Barton 2500 prices

Thought they would be going way down by now. In nov the prices were
getting a bit soft in some places. I saw on Ebay one place selling
brand new ones in qty as low as $59 a piece buy it now . The avg
seemed to be $70-90.

With the word they were locked I thought for sure the prices would
slip and thought maybe a XMas glut would further lower prices and of
course as time goes on prices go down.

Instead in Dec prices seemed to firm maybe sellers anticipating demand
for Xmas. Then I thought in Jan prices will fall again probably even
lower.

You look at Ebay and all the prices are around $90+ now and Newegg is
still selling them for $90. Pricewatch shows a slight increase
recently in the trend of prices.

Was there a shortage of 2500s? Has demand suddenly surged with the
economy supposedly inching back? Or is it all in anitcipation of the
economy in 04? Everyone is a bull now. Is AMD cutting back a bit to
make 64 bit chips? I thought 2500 bartons would be $70 by now.

Old January 2nd 04, 02:15 PM

On Fri, 02 Jan 2004 12:41:31 GMT, "
wrote:

The low prices I quoted from Ebay - I just checked.

They were from GianFangCompany. Another bad Ebay story.
I was wondering where his firm went since there are no products listed
by him and he had quite a few things in large qtys listed allthrough
Nov and Dec.

Classic case - he has tons of OK feeback according to Ebay profile.
Thats why I was thinking of buying a Barton from him which he was
selling in qty all through Nov and Dec at the lowest prices.

Apparently the good feedback means nothing just like in many other
possible fraud cases on Ebay.

If you check his feedback all through the end of Nov and Dec now on
the stuff he had listed - its all negative . Massive list of
complaints by customers who say theyve never received anything.
Could be the latest fraud story at Ebay.

XP2500 Barton or XP2600 Barton? As mellow as a horse General 1 December 11th 03 10:25 PM
Barton in KT333 - help please S.Boardman General 31 November 11th 03 11:31 PM
Fan on Presario 2500 Ante General 0 August 23rd 03 02:13 PM
Athlon XP Thoroughbred vs. Barton Rich Barry General 0 August 11th 03 02:12 AM
XP2800: barton vs t'bred Li'l ol' me General 2 July 4th 03 11:18 PM