Problems With An Abit A17 Mainboard

Old February 3rd 04, 05:25 PM
Craig

Default Problems With An Abit A17 Mainboard

Hi there folks, I'm needing a bit of help.

I've just assembled a new pc, using the A17 mainboard, with a P4 2.8
processor, a single 512MB PC3200 DDR-DIMM chip, Maxtor Diamondback Plus 9
S-ATA hard drive, with an LG CD writer and a floppy drive. Due to delays in
delivery, I've had to use my old video card, a GeForce 2 MX.

Whenever I power the new machine on, the debug LED shows the code AF, and
the speaker gives out an beep that lasts for about 5 seconds, then goes
silent for a few seconds, then comes on again for 5 seconds. I've connected
the ATX12V cable as well as the ATXPWR1 cable. When I click the power switch
on the back of the case to ON, the D14 LED lights up Green, and when I hit
the power switch on the front of the case, the D13 LED lights up Red, so it
appears the system is getting enough power.

I've tried removing all the peripherals from the mainboard, so that it's
just the power going into it, but no joy, still the same result.

Can anyone out there help with this one please??

Old February 3rd 04, 05:47 PM
Dave C.

"Craig" wrote in message
[...]

Try a different brand of memory module, OR flash the BIOS to the latest
version. -Dave

Old February 4th 04, 05:53 PM
Peter Lykkegaard

Craig wrote:

Whenever I power the new machine on, the debug LED shows the code AF,
and the speaker gives out an beep that lasts for about 5 seconds,
then goes silent for a few seconds, then comes on again for 5

Tried to remove the Geforce card, if it's an AGP card?

- Peter