EPOX & 2100+

Old October 20th 04, 05:10 PM
straiton

Default EPOX & 2100+

1.Advanced chipset features system performanceselect Expert( this will
enable all options)
2.CPU clock default is 17 i think, select 12 or 13(12 is safer)
3.FSB frequency select 166, as a start(your ram will do 200,but the board
is not guaranteed to reach this)
12 x 166 will give you 1992 Hz(13x166 = 2158)
4.CPU interfaceoptimal
5.Memory frequency same as FSB always = 166 in this case
6.mem timings(reading down), 11,2,2,2 your ram should do this at 166 easily
Leave most other stuff at defaults here i think

Power bios Features( this is where you set the voltages for CPU etc)
1. CPU voltage( default is 1.6 i think), select 1.7 or thereabouts(may not
boot at 13x166 with this,but should be ok for 12x166, no more than 1.8V)

What else, oh yeah, with overclocking you are going to see more heat so,
PC health status
1.CPU warning temp select a reasonable value maybe 50-55C
2.Shutdown temp maybe 60
i have mine set at 50 and 55, but then i'm watercooling
i think that is it.
exit bios and save settings
if machine does not boot or locks at post, hold Insert and Delete key on
reboot.This will load failsafe defaults, which will allow you to get into
the bios to change to easier settings
Do not quote me on all this :-)
If machine boots at overclocked settings, check your cpu temperatures on
post screen and also when you run Windows.This is basically it.
Good luck
--
Steve H
Epox 8RDA+ v1.1,Vdd mod

"Hugh" wrote in message
I have an EPOX EP-8RDA+ and AN ATHLON XP2100+ CPU.
It runns at DDR 266 = 133FSB. I have 512MB DDRM PC3200 DDR400
I want to OC this to 166FSB. What are the bios settings I have to change

beable to do this. Voltage and memory settings, etc etc.
Anyone who knows this board please reply.

Hugh

Old October 20th 04, 05:21 PM
straiton

you may want to also upgrade to the latest bios for your motherboard, if you
haven't done so
--

Steve H

Epox 8Kha+ Question BRH Overclocking 1 August 6th 04 11:33 PM
Epox 8Kha+ and Overclocking BRH Overclocking 3 August 2nd 04 02:49 AM
Epox 8Kha+ Question BRH Overclocking 0 July 31st 04 10:59 PM
Epox 8RDA3+ questions need some answers please :) Scott Backular Overclocking AMD Processors 4 June 25th 04 04:18 PM