Lost LAN Connection

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 3rd 03, 05:56 AM
Jeff

Default Lost LAN Connection

I have a new PowerEdge 400SC with SBS2k3 standard Eval installed. I am
having trouble with the internal LAN connection. It seems to be
hardware issue, I have run out of options to troubleshoot this problem.

After 15min or so I lose all communication with the server from the
clients. Dell was unable to resolve my issue and has sent me another
motherboard. The new motherboard has the same problem, so it must have
something to do with the driver settings.

The NIC is a onboard Intel Pro/1000 MT.

Here is what I have tried so far-

Adjusted the Media Type from Auto to the hub/switch specific speed/type -
no help
Trial and error with all other driver device settings - no help
Tried many different switches and hubs - no help
Replaced all LAN cables - no help
Tried multiple clients - no help
Re-installed SBS2k3 - no help
Tried without any hotfixes or other applications - no help
Replaced NIC and Motherboard - no help
Tried all available driver version - no help
Disabled all sleep settings - no help
Ran PROset NIC diagnostice - tested all ok
Ran Network monitor to capture packets up to time of failure - no help
Put my fist through my wall - No help..

More info-
When communication is lost, i do not loose the physical link status.
I can re-establish communication simply by disabling and re-enabling the
connection in windows.
The external interface continues to work fine when the internal fails.
Intel wont speak to me since it is a OEM part.
Dell hasn't a clue.

Current Driver Device Settings
Adaptive Inter-Frame Spacing - Enabled
Enable PME - No Action
Flow COntrol - Generate & Respond
Interupt Moderation Rate - Hardware Default
Jumbo Frames - Disabled
Link Speed and Duplex - Auto Detect
Locally Administered Address - Not Present
Log Link State Event - Enabled
Offload Recieve IP Checksum - On
Offload Recieve TCP Checksum - On
Offload TCP Segmentation - On
Offload Transmit IP Checksum - On
Offload Transmit TCP Checksum - On
QoS Packet Tagging - Disabled
Recieve Descriptors - 256
Transmit Descriptors - 256
Wake on Link Settings - Disabled
Wake on Settings - OS Controlled

I have found one other post that is very similar but it is not the same OS.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/f...st/002859.html

Any help?

Thanks,

--