2T SSD SATA - $250

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 13th 18, 07:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default 2T SSD SATA - $250 (Micro form case)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 11:15:05 -0400, Larc
wrote:

SSDs serve as system drives in my 4 PCs, but I use HDDs for storage (and regular
backups of the SSDs) and have no plans to change that setup. I know lots of others
use the same arrangement, so guess many HDDs are still being sold.

Saw another SSD, like the other (MICRON), this morning. 520G for $80
or a third of a 200-write/cycle expectancy of the Micron 2T SDD at
$225. Team something-or-other brand I've seen before but hasn't
especially a review base: Nobody apparently cares to know what it is.
Publicity is there, however, actively promoted for reliable memory. I
even tried to find out if the memory is TLC (or an variant
improvement), but specs appear no less as prolific as reviews.

SSDs are fine, for a premium, if a little worn for the appeal they had
when I bought my first, both 64G and later 128G Samsungs, before the
last Crucial. The Crucial turned a little tricky about a legacy
setup, enabling active partitions from a software boot arbitrator, to
eventually force the issue, (selecting active status and then loading
from multiple partitions not limited to any single drive), which I'd
not run into with plattered drives prior.

I've three PC cases available for four motherboards, only don't like
the point of the third, an extra from sizing standpoint. I'm getting
a promotion sale (no tax/shipping) directly from Rosewill. . .

ROSEWILL Micro ATX Mini Tower Computer Case, Steel and plastic
computer case with 1x 80mm rear fan, Top I/O ports: 1x USB3.0, 2x USB
2.0 and Audio In/Out ports (SRM-01).

Drives no problemo - it takes 'em all.

One really dinky case -- think a box of cereal: 12x12x6 (LHW). All
main factor MicroAtx MBs, though. Something different, perhaps suited
in mind for a convenience to get around between other computers -- a
temporary proximity maintenance or machine adjustment platform.

It's $25 for a few more days, a case for anyone interested in
shoeboxes.