Firewire card driver problems in xp

Old January 15th 04, 05:59 PM
Bob Riley

Default Firewire card driver problems in xp

Hey guys

I recently purchased and installed the Que Firewire 3 port PCI card on my
windows XP pc to use with my camcorder. Upon card installation, things
appeared to work correctly (PCI OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
appeared in the device list). I could also playback video and control my
camcorder. Then the video software I was using locked up and forced me to
reboot the machine. Upon restart, the 1394 driver appeared to have
disappeared, and windows informed me that I had new 1394 hardware (The old
device was gone). I then told it to go ahead and install the drivers -
unfortunately, windows then said it didn't not know how to recognize the
card and couldn't find the drivers. I then did a full 'upgrade' of windows
which actually brought the driver back - unfortunately, using a different
video program the thing locked up again, I had to reboot, and once again the
old driver is gone and windows is complaining. Any ideas on how to fix this
problem?

Thanks

Bob

P.S. The card instructions indicate the 1394 drivers that come with windows
should be adequate - no additional drivers included.

Old January 16th 04, 12:07 AM
DaveW

Sounds like you are using a 'buggy' Firewire driver. Does their web site
have a newer release?

--
DaveW

Old January 16th 04, 02:46 AM
Bob Riley

Hehe unfortunately no. The instructions indicate the one included with
winxp is all I should need..?

Bob