Which power supply for Lian-Li PC-78 case?

Old January 14th 04, 01:46 AM
Norman Woo

Default Which power supply for Lian-Li PC-78 case?

Folks

I've just purchased the Lian-Li PC-78 Server case and have noticed
that the power supply mounting plate is reversed from other cases. By
this I mean while viewing the back of the tower, the fan is to the
left with the power plug on the right. This means that the internal
fan faces up instead of down. I brought the power supply back to my
dealer to exchange for the proper one and they said that there is such
power supply where the fan faces down for my case's particularpower
supply orientation.

Is there a problem if I just install the power supply with the fan
facing up? (I'm assuming that the internal fan sucks the air and
blows it out through the rear fan.

Or I may have to "mod" the case by "forcing" the installation of the
power supply so that the fan faces down.

Anyways, other than this peculiarity, I love the case (cost me close
to $1000.00 CDN).

Anyone has this case? Any comments as to which power supply to use?
I'm thinking of one of the Enermax 600 Watts model. I need enough
power to drive 14 x 250 Gig drives and 2 DVD burners for video editing
using the Matrox RT.X100 Extreme Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro NLE
software.

TIA

Old January 14th 04, 02:43 AM
callsignviper

"Norman Woo" wrote in message
[...]

Is it possible to rotate the plate so the power supply will fit the way you
expect?

BTW: $1000.00 CDN seems somewhat high based on the USD price he
http://silverpcs.zoovy.com/product/PC78 .

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.

ATX case and Power Supply [email protected] General 16 September 3rd 04 10:56 PM
Upgrade Report [GeekTech: On the Case - 08/24/2004] Ablang General 0 August 26th 04 04:23 AM
power supply, or ...? ynotssor General 10 June 1st 04 01:19 AM
PSU Fans Muttly General 16 February 13th 04 10:42 PM
How can I make motherboard to restart after power loss automatically? Amiran General 1 September 24th 03 11:35 PM