Cutting the ADSL ball and chain

Old October 19th 19, 07:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm Why[_2_]

Default Cutting the ADSL ball and chain

Hi,

I have been able to improve Youtube and network performance by using
tethering on my cheap LG K4 and cheap mobile data from a DIY mobile network.
Bytes cost $0. It is the supply chain markup, labor costs and monopoly that
makes the price high.

I have been on a consumer strike with my ADSL ISP. When I get my main frame
up and running with a new MOBO from Hong Kong, I will test my whole network
which I control with RDP on a WinXP machine. Then I will cut the ISP off
completely, return the T3200M modem and save one half on Internet even after
my consumer strike.

I have learned that billing is automatic. After the monopolists think they
been burned by a smart consumer, they resort to harassing phone calls. These
I can reject on my cell phone. Even a cheap LG K4 gives freedom from crazy
capitalist fools. Edward Snowden taught us that Internet data streams can be
intercepted. His 'solution' is not worthy of trust.

Cheers,

Norm Why