bye bye GW

Old July 17th 16, 12:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

Default bye bye GW

Nobody has been here for months and I took a look at what GW has for
sale on their website: no desktops and one laptop there with Win 7.
I did not explore further.
I guess they are gone forever.
Old August 10th 16, 11:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ian[_8_]

It was inevitable that Acer would slowly shut Gateway down. They did that quickly with eMachines and slowly with Gateway.

I fired up my 4DX2-66V the other day to ensure that the new CF card HDD is still working. I guess that's the era of GW that we'll all have to remember now as the company is long gone now.
Old September 8th 16, 06:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Frank

On 8/10/2016 6:01 PM, Ian wrote:
It was inevitable that Acer would slowly shut Gateway down. They did that quickly with eMachines and slowly with Gateway.

I fired up my 4DX2-66V the other day to ensure that the new CF card HDD is still working. I guess that's the era of GW that we'll all have to remember now as the company is long gone now.

It's too bad. My current GW might be 4 years old now and works
perfectly never having a problem. All I did to it was add and extra 4
gigs memory to kick it up to 10.
Old November 15th 17, 05:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Ian[_8_]

On the plus side, all of my Gateway 2000's are now fitted with mSATA to IDE adapters and running mSATA drives. It provides better access speeds that CF cards aren't designed for. (Although, I don't think the IDE controllers even push the CF card's capacity on that aspect) Nevertheless, a good upgrade that will keep them going for years to come.