HELP S5000nx

Old March 2nd 05, 11:27 PM
George

Default HELP S5000nx

I have a friend that has this model, and it has given him nothing but
problems since day one. So much stuff running in the back ground, etc etc.
I would like to format the hard drive, get rid of everything that Compaq
install and do a new install with XP PRO.
My question is, where and how do I get all the drivers for this model,
motherboard, video, and all the rest of the hard ware.

Is this possible to do with the model. I don't want to use the Compaq
reinstall CD, I want to eliminate that and just load
XP Pro, but all the drivers are going to be a problem unless you guys can
help me out.

thanks,
geo

Old March 3rd 05, 02:28 AM
Ben Myers

The system has an Asus P4G533 motherboard with Intel 845GL chipset, Realtek
ALC202A codec for audio, and Realtek RTL8100 for Ethernet.

Download and install the drivers in the following order, after doing the XP
install:

1. Go to the Intel web site and download the 845 chipset motherboard drivers for
ANY Intel 845 motherboard. It is absolutely imperative to Install these first!
2. Then download the Intel Extreme Graphics 845 drivers for ANY Intel 845
motherboard with on-board graphics, and install.
3. Last of all, go to the Realtek web site and download the drivers for the
chips noted above. Install the Realtek drivers.

Can you expect help from HP? No. Asus? Well, maybe, but not for the P4G533
motherboard which was specially manufactured for HPaq. But you can almost
always depend on the chipset manufacturers to have workable drivers available on
their web site... Ben Myers

Old March 3rd 05, 02:50 AM
George

Ben,
I will try and get all the drivers you mentioned. You seem to be very
knowledgable in this, can I contact you by email if needed, which I believeI
will. Or, can you drop me a email?

thanks,
geo

Old March 3rd 05, 02:58 AM
George

Ben,
Went to the Intel site, wow that is confussing, I can't figure out what the
heck I need. It says chipset, but then takes me to the graphics dirvers, and
it doesn't say Intel Extreme Graphics, just graphics.
Do you think you can take me by the hand and tell me which ones I need?

Old March 3rd 05, 04:49 AM
Ben Myers

Sure. Remove the obvious _spam_me_not and the spaces to form a legit email
address. Computers without driver CDs turn up on my doorstep all the time, and
almost always leave here set up correctly... Ben Myers

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:50:32 GMT, "George" wrote:

[...]

Compaq S5000NX memory upgrade help George Compaq Computers 1 December 27th 04 06:54 PM
s5000nx George Compaq Computers 3 July 24th 04 08:25 PM
reformat and load George Compaq Computers 13 July 6th 04 11:34 PM