Password Error

Old November 21st 04, 07:14 AM
Echuca

Default Password Error

Hello

I have a large problem since setting up a password on a Compaq notebook. It
is the password that is invoked when the computer comes back on after power
save shutdown. I know the password I am using is correct but the computer
will not recognise it. I have tried many times in both ordinary & safe mode.

As a result I cannot start the computer, have tried booting with set up
disks, a "rescue disk" created by my anti-virus software and a Win98 startup
disk. The very first screen that appears is the "Enter Password" one and I
cannot get any further.

I am wondering if there is any solution - any help much appreciated.

The notebook is a Compaq Armada 7400 (Series6366/T14/10.0/V/M/1), 192Mb RAM,
Pentium 2, 3 gig hard disk space left, Windows 98 (not 98SE).

Thanks in advance.
Echy

Regards from Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
http://www.visitvictoria.com/