info on a presario 4504

Old July 19th 05, 01:06 PM
ICH

Default info on a presario 4504

I just acquired a 4504 from a elderly lady, who had the computer just
sitting in her daughter's room for well over 7 years! LOL!

The computer looks new, considering it has a BIOS version dated 1997.

I've already installed windows 98, by removing the hard drive and
starting the first portion of the installation with the hard drive
connected to my computer.

I've also replaced the ROM drive, with a CD-RW. The computer is very
responsive, but it has only 16mb of ram and a 1mb video card.

I installed a PCI video card, but the system only recognized the 1mb
onboard card. Didn't see anything in the BIOS to disable it.
Hmmm......?

I would like to know if there is away to disable the onboard video
card, so I can use atleast a 8mb video card. And, what type of memory
does the presario 4504 use.......And or is it upgradable?

I really like the small size of the computer, and will definitely use
it as a secondery computer some how, if not just to have drivers loaded
on the 2GB HDD or just use it for "Online" purposes only.

Any information on this matter would be truly appriciated, thanks!

--
ICH