Thanks for Giving

Old November 24th 07, 05:06 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Pecos[_4_]

Default Thanks for Giving

For all of you here who have devoted your time and energy helping others
and me with their hardware problems - Thank You!

Paul
kony
Frank
DevilsPGD
meekrat
Shaun
GT
Arno Wagner
Brett Kline
Grinder
Joel
John McGaw
Keith M
Ken Maltby
larry moe 'n curly
Lord Turkey Cough (Belated Thanksgiving)
philo

My apologies if I have missed anybody.

You do this with no compensation other than the occasional thanks and do
it with grace and a real desire to be of help.

You have taught an old software dog some new hardware tricks. Thanks for
the education.

--
Alan "Pecos" Norton
Old November 24th 07, 09:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
philo

"Pecos" wrote in message
[...]

Hey...thanks for the good words...

Most of my education in computers was obtained by reading posts on Usenet...
and by fooling with old, junk computers that had no value and nothing would
be lost if they were destroyed.

Although I do admit to once "blowing-up" a 286...
amazingly I've been able to save just about every machine I've ever worked
on!

Old November 24th 07, 10:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
~misfit~[_8_]

Somewhere on teh interweb Pecos typed:
[...]

Hehee! Thanks Alan, I do it for the love of it. (To quote a New Zealand
band's song)

Warm regards,
--
Shaun.

Old November 26th 07, 04:55 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
GT

"Pecos" wrote in message
[...]

You're welcome. Nice to be appreciated. We do it because we like our PC
hardware and like others to enjoy theirs too. (Plus it gets me out of
working for a few minutes).

Old November 27th 07, 03:52 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Lord Turkey Cough

"Pecos" wrote in message
[...]

You're very welcome, I personally don't celebrate Thanksgiving it's not a
good time of
year for a Turkey.

I tend to loose a lot of good turkey friends at that time of year :O(

I do hope my cough is not bird flu :O|

--
Alan "Pecos" Norton

Old November 27th 07, 04:48 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Pecos[_4_]

Default Way OT - Thanks for Giving

"Lord Turkey Cough" wrote in
:

snip

You're very welcome, I personally don't celebrate Thanksgiving it's
not a good time of
year for a Turkey.

I tend to loose a lot of good turkey friends at that time of year :O(

I do hope my cough is not bird flu :O|

Yes, how very insensitive of me.

Let me make amends.

A Reason to Give Thanks: The Return of the Wild Turkey:

http://tinyurl.com/yvhckk

--
Alan "Pecos" Norton