Cleaning all data of off a hard drive

Old July 21st 06, 09:00 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Leigh

Default Cleaning all data of off a hard drive

Thank Ben,

I will follow your suggestions and I will be on my way.

Thanks again for your support.

Leigh

"Ben Myers" ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net wrote in message
The CD version of Darik's Boot & Nuke is an ISO format file. To do
something
with it, you need a CD burning program capable of burning an ISO image.
Once
the ISO image is burned properly to a CD, it will be bootable and it will
start
up and load DBAN automatically.

Autoclave fits neatly onto a bootable floppy... Ben Myers

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:08:13 GMT, "Leigh" wrote:

"Muddle" wrote in message
gy.net...

"Leigh" wrote in message
Greetings,

I have a Gateway Solo 5300 CL. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK6015MA
4GB.
have looked on the Toshiba website for a tool or software that I can
download that I can use to wipe all of the data off of the hard drive.
could not find the software.

Sure I can us the Windows XP disk to do a clean install however that
will
not totally clean the hard drive of a data. I would like the hard drive
be clean of data and then do a clean install of Windows XP.

Does any one know where I can find and download software to be able to
clean
the Toshiba HD?

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.

Leigh

Darik's Boot and Nuke.
http://dban.sourceforge.net/

Thanks Muddle,

The floppy version was 1.53MB and my floppies can only hold 1.4MB. For
some
reason I could not open the CD version. My computer could not find the
program that created it.

I will keep trying to figure this out.

Thanks again Muddle,

Leigh

Old July 23rd 06, 04:46 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
[email protected]

Leigh wrote:
Greetings,

I have a Gateway Solo 5300 CL. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK6015MA 4GB. I
have looked on the Toshiba website for a tool or software that I can
download that I can use to wipe all of the data off of the hard drive. I
could not find the software.

Sure I can us the Windows XP disk to do a clean install however that will
not totally clean the hard drive of a data. I would like the hard drive to
be clean of data and then do a clean install of Windows XP.

Does any one know where I can find and download software to be able to clean
the Toshiba HD?

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.

Leigh

We use DBAN.

dban.sourceforge.net

Old July 23rd 06, 04:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
[email protected]

Leigh wrote:
Greetings,

I have a Gateway Solo 5300 CL. The hard drive is a Toshiba MK6015MA 4GB. I
have looked on the Toshiba website for a tool or software that I can
download that I can use to wipe all of the data off of the hard drive. I
could not find the software.

Sure I can us the Windows XP disk to do a clean install however that will
not totally clean the hard drive of a data. I would like the hard drive to
be clean of data and then do a clean install of Windows XP.

Does any one know where I can find and download software to be able to clean
the Toshiba HD?

Thanks in advance for your help and cooperation.

Leigh

PS: 4GB is TIGHT for XP. It fits, but barely. Would you consider
Windows 2000 instead?

Old July 23rd 06, 04:52 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
[email protected]

Leigh wrote:
"Muddle" wrote in message
.net...

"Leigh" wrote in message
[...]

http://dban.sourceforge.net/faq/index.html
"
Q: Why doesn't the ZIP file or its contents fit on a floppy disk?

A: The ZIP file contains the DBAN install program.

Download the ZIP file to your desktop, unpack it, and double-click the
"dban-1.0.6_i386.exe" program. This program will create the DBAN floppy
disk. The readme file has extra information about creating the DBAN
floppy disk.

You cannot install DBAN by copying or unpacking the ZIP file to a blank
floppy disk or other media.
"

Old July 24th 06, 05:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Leigh

wrote in message
oups.com...

Leigh wrote:
"Muddle" wrote in message
.net...

"Leigh" wrote in message
[...]

A: The ZIP file contains the DBAN install program.

Download the ZIP file to your desktop, unpack it, and double-click the
"dban-1.0.6_i386.exe" program. This program will create the DBAN floppy
disk. The readme file has extra information about creating the DBAN
floppy disk.

You cannot install DBAN by copying or unpacking the ZIP file to a blank
floppy disk or other media.
"

Thanks, this information is very helpful. DBAN is loaded and is in
operation.
I appreciate your help and reference to faqs.

Leigh

Old July 24th 06, 05:50 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
[email protected]

Leigh wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Leigh wrote:
"Muddle" wrote in message
.net...

"Leigh" wrote in message
[...]

A: The ZIP file contains the DBAN install program.

Download the ZIP file to your desktop, unpack it, and double-click the
"dban-1.0.6_i386.exe" program. This program will create the DBAN floppy
disk. The readme file has extra information about creating the DBAN
floppy disk.

You cannot install DBAN by copying or unpacking the ZIP file to a blank
floppy disk or other media.
"

Thanks, this information is very helpful. DBAN is loaded and is in
operation.
I appreciate your help and reference to faqs.

Leigh

You're welcome.