While battery is charging the 3D screensaver is interrupted.

Old December 29th 07, 08:48 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
tek

Default While battery is charging the 3D screensaver is interrupted.

I have noticed a strange phenomenon on my Vostro 1000. I have Windows
XP Home and the MS Plus! screensavers installed. The video adaptor is
the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150. I specifically have the Robot Circus
screensaver active. When the battery is fully charged and the laptop
is using the AC power the screensaver works normally. If I switch to
batter power the screensaver works normally. But when I reconnect the
AC adaptor to re-charge the battery the screensaver is interrupted
about every 1-2 minutes. The wait time starts over again but after 1-2
minutes of running it's interrupted again. This continues until the
battery is fully charged.
Old December 30th 07, 08:23 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Craig Coope

On Sat, 29 Dec 2007 00:48:07 -0800 (PST), tek
wrote:

I have noticed a strange phenomenon on my Vostro 1000. I have Windows
XP Home and the MS Plus! screensavers installed. The video adaptor is
the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150. I specifically have the Robot Circus
screensaver active. When the battery is fully charged and the laptop
is using the AC power the screensaver works normally. If I switch to
batter power the screensaver works normally. But when I reconnect the
AC adaptor to re-charge the battery the screensaver is interrupted
about every 1-2 minutes. The wait time starts over again but after 1-2
minutes of running it's interrupted again. This continues until the
battery is fully charged.

Does this have something to do with the powersaving options? Maybe you
should play around with what turns off when AC or DC is used...

--
The Zero ST
Old December 31st 07, 03:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
KlausK

"tek" wrote in message
I have noticed a strange phenomenon on my Vostro 1000. I have Windows
XP Home and the MS Plus! screensavers installed. The video adaptor is
the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150. I specifically have the Robot Circus
screensaver active. When the battery is fully charged and the laptop
is using the AC power the screensaver works normally. If I switch to
batter power the screensaver works normally. But when I reconnect the
AC adaptor to re-charge the battery the screensaver is interrupted
about every 1-2 minutes. The wait time starts over again but after 1-2
minutes of running it's interrupted again. This continues until the
battery is fully charged.

Ask in a Dell forum. Dell uses all kinds of proprietary stuff.