problem with default password on DS300

Old December 25th 06, 06:30 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
[email protected]

Default problem with default password on DS300

Hello,

I have a new IBM DS300.

I had followed IBM DS300 manual
("IBM TotalStorage DS300 and DS400 Best Practices Guide")
I powered up the DS300.
I connected directly a linux machine to the management port of
controller B.
I could ping the 192.168.70.124 from linux.

Than I ran:
telnet 192.168.70.124 results in this response:

IBM TotalStorage DS Series...
Type '?' for help
The TAB key will list the valid parameters

Operator level password:

Then I tried , according to the manual, PASSW0RD (with a zero)
OR passw0rd ; both trials failed.

According to the manual telnet should bring me to
a promt where i should enter "admin" and then be prompted
for the default password.

I googled for this problem and I found this thread:
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerwork...m=740#13781684

According to this thread, a 13N1792 Cable solved the problem.

Did anybody encountered this problem ? What is this cable ? can
this problem be solved without this cable ? is this cable supposed to
be
shipped with the DS300 machine ?

Regads,
Mark