CDR & KG7RAID- 100%CPU -Plz Help

Old July 19th 03, 07:07 AM
- HAL9000

Default CDR & KG7RAID- 100%CPU -Plz Help

See my web page...

Forrest

Motherboard Help By HAL web site:
http://home.attbi.com/~hal-9000/

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 18:42:52 -0500, "an" wrote:

In the past year I have had a Yamaha and now a new Plextor CDRW. First
problem I had was occasionally in Windows (XP Sp1) the system would start
acting erratic and slow. When I would re-boot the CDRW drive would disapear
from the boot up screen and beyond. Usually if I turned off the computer and
then on the Bios would see the drive and everything would be fine. With the
Yamaha I would burn discs at 44x with the CPU level at a normal level. I
replaced the Yamaha with a Plextor recently that burns at 52x. After a while
of experiencing the problem listed above I removed a CD-ROM drive that was
set as slave to the CDRW which was master. As of yet I have not experienced
the disapearing CDRW.

Now I have a more troublsome problem. When I burn discs my CPU level
skyrockets to 100% for the entite period. I use Nero 5.5.10, but have had
this problem using Alcohol 120% v.1.4.2. Now this is rather recent and I
have not changed my system to any degree. At most I might have installed a
game or two, other than that no new upgrades or anything. Prior to the
Yanaha I used a CDRW that did use a high level of CPU. My brother has the
same board and has never experienced this problem.