Epson R200 catching corners of photo paper while printing! ARGH! skewing image while printing! HELP

Old December 11th 04, 09:57 AM
Te

Default Epson R200 catching corners of photo paper while printing! ARGH! skewing image while printing! HELP

"Te" wrote in message news:...
I desperately need help here... I'm printing (among other things) dvd

covers
on my Epson R200, I just got this printer recently. I've been successfully
and happily printing photo's and covers on my HP Photosmart 7660 since

May,
but I also wanted to be able print onto CDR/DVDR media, so I bought the
R200...

I print alot of Photo's and Covers, and I've been printing my covers on
glossy photo paper - the same kind you'd print a photograph on. But a new
problem has come up.... The beginning of the paper feeds no problem- but

at
the end of the print process, just before the end of the sheet of paper,

the
print head catches the corners of the paper, and skews the paper over a

bit,
and the printer continues to print- so the image is all screwed up and
shifted see the picture below

image url:
http://home.comcast.net/~araltd/problemr200.jpg

you can see from the picture, the bottom corners of the paper have ink on
them from rubbing against the print head, and you can clearly see on the

top
two pages, how the paper shifts while printing and skews the image. the

top
most page even bled off the edge at one point.

This never happened on the HP- and I'm guessing its because of the way the
HP feeds the paper from the bottom- where the Epson feeds from the back.
This is unacceptable, I desperately need a fix for this- What I've been
doing is pushing (folding) the back corners of the paper down so they wont
catch, thats obviously not working too well.

This can't be the accepted norm for this printer- I mean, DVD Covers are

one
thing, but when I'm printing PHOTO's --- C'mon! This is not even close to
acceptable.

Any help would be appreciated. THANK YOU.

Old December 11th 04, 10:39 PM
Nodge

"Te" wrote in message
[...]

I don't own this printer but is there a little lever that raises and lowers
the print head to allow for different thicknesses of media? If so, make sure
it's raised.
Nodge

wanted: service manuals ricoh FutureChild Printers 14 March 30th 05 07:25 PM
Photo Papers For Epson 2100 John Printers 4 December 1st 04 10:09 PM
4x6 printers Kenneth Oakman Printers 8 February 29th 04 10:37 PM
Epson Stylus Photo 2200 printer spits out paper Tony W. Printers 2 February 25th 04 06:55 PM
Epson Photo 1290 and paper types Ian Printers 7 September 23rd 03 04:26 PM