Taiyo Yuden

Old June 9th 06, 06:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Default Taiyo Yuden

I recently purchased a 100-pack of TY 8x DVD-R white printable from
Supermediastore. How do I know that what I bought is really Taiyo Yuden?
The imprint on the clear plastic inner hub is LM534Y107097GG.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Old June 9th 06, 07:59 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

sebastian_dangerfield wrote:
I recently purchased a 100-pack of TY 8x DVD-R white printable from
Supermediastore. How do I know that what I bought is really Taiyo Yuden?
The imprint on the clear plastic inner hub is LM534Y107097GG.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

It's not clear what you mean by "real". If you mean made by T-Y, you
can't be sure. The only indication is that if they were not "Made in
Japan", they are rebadged. (Or, at least, when last I checked T-Y
manufactured only in Japan.)

It may be worth your time to check the entry in the ATIP. I use DVDInfo
Pro but other products are available.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/
Old June 9th 06, 08:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

sebastian_dangerfield wrote:

I recently purchased a 100-pack of TY 8x DVD-R white printable from
Supermediastore. How do I know that what I bought is really Taiyo Yuden?
The imprint on the clear plastic inner hub is LM534Y107097GG.

The "best" way I know is to examine the packaging and look for "Made in
Japan" marking, and buy from reputable seller. And those DiscInfo
softwares are practically useless as they would all list the
manufacturer as Taiyo Yuden.

Again, there is no sure fire way to determine that. If there is, there
won't be long threads like these:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=112854
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread....&page=20&pp=25

http://tinyurl.com/jf4rt
..

Who Is Mike Richter and
Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

(No Mikey S-Lickers have been able to prove ANY of the following is)
( a LIBEL -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (01-06)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (07-02)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (elementary)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (multisession)
Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on Packet Writing (TOC)

Mike Richter's Cockamamie Mumbo Jumbo on TOC (dvd)

=====================================
From: smh
Date: 2/25/06
Subject: DVD recognized only on my PC - new data found

Mike Richter (The Slimiest Friggin ****) crapped:

It seems likely to me that you have errors in the TOC

There is no "TOC" on DVD, Friggin Freak!
..

Old June 9th 06, 07:40 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

SupermediaStore does not sell faked TY without specifying that it's fake.
But if you want to be 100% sure, buy from www.rima.com.

Real TY must have a dye lot number on the dye side of the disc. It will be
very difficult to see on pintables.
On G02 (8x -R), the number will begin with GG000. It's in the inner band of
dye, looks like it was burned onto the dye.

Old June 10th 06, 05:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

"Dan G" wrote in message
. ..
SupermediaStore does not sell faked TY without specifying that it's fake.
But if you want to be 100% sure, buy from www.rima.com.

Real TY must have a dye lot number on the dye side of the disc. It will be
very difficult to see on pintables.
On G02 (8x -R), the number will begin with GG000. It's in the inner band
of
dye, looks like it was burned onto the dye.

Thank you very kindly. Mine has GG000106 on the dye side. (Very hard to
see -
especially with these old eyes. . . .)

Old June 18th 06, 07:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr

sebastian_dangerfield wrote:

I recently purchased a 100-pack of TY 8x DVD-R white printable from
Supermediastore. How do I know that what I bought is really Taiyo Yuden?
The imprint on the clear plastic inner hub is LM534Y107097GG.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

As others have said, Make sure the lablel has "Made in Japan" also, you
can check the MID code using DVDInfo Pro or Nero CD checker..

Mike
http://www.nortsandones.com.au

Which Taiyo Yuden CDRs should I get? SleeperMan Cdr 6 April 3rd 05 08:15 AM
Any Taiyo Yuden? blah Cdr 6 February 11th 05 07:55 PM
Plextor CDR Media - Taiyo Yuden? Paul Hutchings Cdr 10 April 6th 04 02:29 PM
CD-Rs made by Taiyo Yuden XYZ XYZee Cdr 9 April 6th 04 02:56 AM