NETWORKING PRINTER ON WINDOWS 98SE & XP

Old December 17th 03, 11:09 AM
Chopperdad

Default NETWORKING PRINTER ON WINDOWS 98SE & XP

I have an interesting problem. I have a HP 722c printer, one computer
running 98SE and a new one running XP Home. So long I had the printer
hooked up to the 98SE computer, I could print off of either computer via the
network. When I switched it over the last weekend to the XP computer, the
98SE would not print to it although it knew it was out there on the network.
I can interchange files and that between computers, but I can't print to the
printer from the 98SE machine now, but the speed that the printer prints
from the XP Home has dramatic improved.

Old December 17th 03, 02:21 PM
Edward J. Neth

What error do you get - and do you have file and printer sharing enabled on
the XP system (it's not enabled by default).

Old December 17th 03, 02:28 PM
Ben Myers

Scotty,

Let me suggest that both the Win98SE and the XP computers both should have
non-blank login passwords. Make sure they do and let us know. I have clients
with mixed NT, 2000, XP, 98SE computers, and we've resolved all printer and file
sharing issues by requiring login passwords on all computers. This is a design
feature of the NT family of Windows... Ben Myers