Compaq doesn't detect pci card

Old November 22nd 03, 09:35 PM
Marcin Hirszberg

Default Compaq doesn't detect pci card

Hello!
I have a problem with installing PCI sound card (chipset CMI 8738). My
computer is Compaq Deskpro 2000 (Pentium MMX 200Mhz). I'm sure that the
hardware isn't out of order. The computer does not detect the new device.
Could anyone help me, please ?

Marcin

Old January 20th 04, 09:45 PM
bas.zoetbrood

Marcin Hirszberg wrote:
Hello!
I have a problem with installing PCI sound card (chipset CMI 8738). My
computer is Compaq Deskpro 2000 (Pentium MMX 200Mhz). I'm sure that the
hardware isn't out of order. The computer does not detect the new device.
Could anyone help me, please ?

Marcin

Hi,

I'm having the same problem also on a Compaq Deskpro 2000 (p200 mmx). My
soundcard is new (sweex, C-Media chipset) and works without problem on a
Dell.
I found that:
- the setup doesn't detect the soundcard, neither does Win98SE and
Knoppix (of course?)
- A PCI network device is recognised without problem in the same PC

If you find a solution, please let me know.

regards,

Bas.

Old January 21st 04, 12:39 AM
Trai' La Trash

Use http://www.halfdone.com/Development/UnknownDevices/

Then use www.driveguide.com
To find the driver for your chip or
www.windrivers.com
www.drivershq.com
www.driverzone.com
www.drivers.com
www.helpdrivers.com

Trai'

"bas.zoetbrood" wrote in message
Marcin Hirszberg wrote:
[...]

windows xp doesn't detect PCI card Serge Ati Videocards 10 January 9th 04 02:07 AM
FS: Qty. 11 Compaq Proliant Systems $1,500 - 3000, 4500, 5500's 444UNIX Compaq Computers 0 November 3rd 03 03:29 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 7th 03 04:22 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 August 1st 03 09:24 PM
Compaq FAQ HH Compaq Computers 0 July 20th 03 03:09 PM